• Dec 11, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
    type1kirk will only endorse a Star Trek movie with "Kirk"

Not no fake, CHiP's kid

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

The reason why the trailer gets to me is because I think Star Trek evolved away from the concept of man boldly going into space and discovering new things (usually Paramount back lots but still...) into enjoyable action-adventure and occasional space battles.

If this movie can somehow pull off the vibe of say "Cobromite Manuever" (boldly going into uncharted territory and meeting up with lifeforms where you have to figure out how to deal with them) then that will be something.

The trailer seems to be coming from that place. The movie that eventually comes? Who knows?

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Surfsup
        Silver Chrome Dome
        • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by mitchedwards
        Shat was in one of the next Gen movies.
        I was talking about the Next Gen crew movies only, parts of Generations were ok but on a whole it was nothing special.

I'm not totally against the NG crew as the TV series had some amazing episodes but they just seem to lack on the chemistry front as opposed to the old boys, in my opinion of course.

Comment

• mitchedwards
          Mego Preservation Society
          • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Surfsup
          I was talking about the Next Gen crew movies only, parts of Generations were ok but on a whole it was nothing special.

I'm not totally against the NG crew as the TV series had some amazing episodes but they just seem to lack on the chemistry front as opposed to the old boys, in my opinion of course.
          Part of that lack of chemistry, is the Next Gen folks rolled right from TV to Movies. Where as the TOS fans had to wait 20 some years to see the crew return to the movies.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

The Next Gen cast as well as all the others after them were STIFF... so were the scripts.

I don't think anything could have saved them short of firing the lot and starting over.

Comment

• mitchedwards
              Mego Preservation Society
              • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
              The Next Gen cast as well as all the others after them were STIFF... so were the scripts.

I don't think anything could have saved them short of firing the lot and starting over.
              Yeah, I can see that. I think thats why I liked Voyager so much, after the 1st season the characters seemed more relaxed and real to life.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎