• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Finally found....

....THIS!:

I've heard mixed things about it, so I've been really curious. It sounds like it's not quite accurate to the source material story-wise, but the dude's got the look, and I've heard it's a neat film.... in a classic B-Movie sense.

Don C.
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

What was it? It was taken off from the link.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>It was taken off from the link.

It's a finished auction. Scroll down and it might be there. (It is on my setup.) It's a movie I've wanted for a while now.

Don C.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

nothing shows. what was it?

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Weird that the auction doesn't show.... Anyhoo; I FINALLY found a copy of this:

Don C.

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by ctc
            >It was taken off from the link.

It's a finished auction. Scroll down and it might be there. (It is on my setup.) It's a movie I've wanted for a while now.

Don C.
            I have actually dealt with this seller a few times. He DOES USE top rated media (basing it with info on digitalfaq.com which is more than recommended) as well as he knows what he is doing as far as transfers go, so if you are still on the fence take the dive in and get the disc--
            Last edited by mazinz; Sep 3, '12, 3:51 AM.
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

So;

I finally saw the '67 Perry Rhodan movie. It was.... well; if you like cheesy 60's sci-fi films, it's a masterpiece. They really tried, but even though it's not exactly cheap looking the tech of the day couldn't produce some of the effects they were going for.

....and some stuff was just bad. In the back of my head I was waiting for the guy in the red jumpsuit and his robot pals to show up....

As an accurate representation of the books, it's.... er.... the STORY is WAY off; there are parts where you can see the original ideas, but they're in a weird new form. (So, in the books one of the crew is captured by a government agency and tortured until he reveals what's going on. In the film he's a double agent.) It feels like they shrunk it down so's to fit the majority of the first major plot down to one film. (In the book he uses the alien ship to take over the Earth and unify the human race. In the movie he whacks a James Bond villain.) But the casting is dead-on. Most of the characters look and act exactly like you'd picture them from reading the books. So it feels like a weird side story that COULD have happened in between the stuff in the novels.

Don C.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Here's a good link to it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261039513971
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale