Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

[QUOTE=ctc;958786 Why does he choose anybody?

Don C.[/QUOTE]

Well, he usually stumbles upon a new companion. This time he deliberately chose an Ancient Egyptian Queen to fix a spaceship. Hmmm...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Well,if you believe all of the nutjobs that say it was really aliens that built the pyramids,it makes sense.

Comment

• MEMEGO
        Career Member
        • Sep 6, 2007

Town Called Mercy worked. Iliked how it developed and its end. So far Season 7 has been good all over.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I liked Mercy. Especially the part where the Doctor decides to basically sacrifice the alien doctor.
          I think it's a logical evolution. How many times has the Doctor caught and spared evil beings, only to have them killing innocents again a couple of years later?
          He must, after 1,200 years, come to the conclusion that they won't change. That they are too evil. Some beings are just not fit to be left in society, the Daleks being number one.
          I'm glad they are finally addressing this dilemma. It's not that I want him to go out decimating the galaxy, but he needs to make these choices. His mercy today can be somebody else's death tomorrow.

Also glad to see Ben Browder (Farscape) again, as the sheriff.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Garrick Hagon (Biggs from Star Wars) plays Abraham the undertaker in the episode.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

My household was split on Mercy but I was the side who enjoyed it.

One of the things that I love about Moffat is he keeps aging the 11th Doctor, making it completely possible that you can write an adventure for him at any time. He could have had other assistants, you really don't know. It's hard to do that with a lot of the original series Doctors.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I also have to commend the Who team on their production values.
                I've worked as a set dresser and costume maker, I know how much time goes into it, and it all looks very beautifully made.
                Gone are the days of wobbly sets and $5 outfits...

Comment

• raider5gt
                  Museum Tree Cutter
                  • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  Also glad to see Ben Browder (Farscape) again, as the sheriff.
                  Yeah it was good to see him again and he played the Sheriff real well.

I liked this episode,better than the last one,it was a nice touch at the end,when the Dr gave the Cyborg a purpose (to protect the town as the new Sheriff)

Shame there is only 2 episodes left in this season.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>Shame there is only 2 episodes left in this season.

That's what I heard too, but I've seen a few listings that have a full 13 blanks for upcoming episodes.

Don C.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      I liked Mercy. Especially the part where the Doctor decides to basically sacrifice the alien doctor.
                      I think it's a logical evolution. How many times has the Doctor caught and spared evil beings, only to have them killing innocents again a couple of years later?
                      He must, after 1,200 years, come to the conclusion that they won't change. That they are too evil. Some beings are just not fit to be left in society, the Daleks being number one.
                      I'm glad they are finally addressing this dilemma. It's not that I want him to go out decimating the galaxy, but he needs to make these choices. His mercy today can be somebody else's death tomorrow.
                      He dealt with that in Genesis of the Daleks - the Time Lords sent him to Skaro to destroy the DALEK's from coming into existence and he go on the mission willing to do it but when it comes to actually "pulling the trigger" and killing the DALEK race he questions if he has the right to do it, even knowing the evil they spread through the universe.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Amazon's got Season Seven Part 1 up for pre-order already. Saying it comes out in November.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Kinda cool The Brigadier has a daughter. And I'm going to leave it at that so not to spoil anything else.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            Kinda cool The Brigadier has a daughter.
                            Yeah, she's a cool addition to the DW universe.

Liked the Doctor's reference to the Zygons, too.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              Kinda cool The Brigadier has a daughter. And I'm going to leave it at that so not to spoil anything else.
                              Actually, the Brigadier's daughter was first shown in the 1995 Reeltime direct-to-video release "Downtime" which also had past companions Sarah Jane and Victoria.
                              Last edited by Mego Magyar; Sep 23, '12, 6:52 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Won't spoil anything, but The Power of Three was a really fun episode. Some quality time with the Ponds, and the Doctor gets to hoover the rugs. What's not to like?
                                Last edited by Gorn Captain; Sep 23, '12, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎