Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien or Aliens ? -- which was the best ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

The first Alien film can't be beat for feel and atmosphere. It's spooky without much actually happening at times. It's tough as a filmmaker to create this sort of tension. First film all the way.....

On a toy related note, I actually had the Kenner Alien given to me for Christmas back in '79 or so. What a frightful toy!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Alien definately, the film was just such a visual treat...Scott certainly drew on his set designer background for the movie. The sets looked functional and the alien itself has never been bettered than in that first movie. The fact that it showed a "man in rubber suit" monster could be believable and filmed on a level of maturity opened the door for films such as "Predator" and its ilk.
      "Aliens" was a great film but detracted from the utter ferocity and devestation that 1 alien could bring about....for this reason I actually prefer "Alien 3" to Aliens.
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

The 1st Alien: more of a classic SiFi-Horror Movie.

2nd:SiFi Hardcore Action & War Movie(My Favorite Characters...Hicks & Ripley).
        sigpic

Comment

• Airdave817
          Satellite Monitor Duty
          • May 31, 2007

I'll second that Alien was more of a horror sci-fi movie. I love the suspense. You just gotta love how "original", "fresh" it seems. At least it does to me...

Aliens is more of an action movie. I watch it just for Hudson (Bill Paxton). "We're gonna die, man! We're all gonna die, man!" Somebody slap that marine!! And Vasquez. Definitely Vasquez, definitely Vasquez. There was somebody else in that movie, too - Paul Reiser - can't seem to remember - Paul Reiser - or remember his name - Paul Reiser.

I'll watch Terminator, then Aliens, then The Abyss, then Tombstone and then The Rock just to watch Michael Biehn melt down on screen. It's awesome!
          Shameless self-promotion -
          Earth-Dave
          KROC-FM
          Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
          "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Surfsup
            Silver Chrome Dome
            • Dec 2, 2005

Although Alien was a superb atmospheric movie, I'll always plump for Aliens. I loved everything about that movie, talk about keeping you pumped! It also has Ripley in the Exo-skeleton at the end which is super cool.

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Wow,that is a difficult decision for sure as both movies are so vastly different.
              Alien is all about surroundings and background almost Hitchcockian in appearance if you will.
              Aliens is balls out action Sci-fi.

I think for scare factor I'd say Alien cause it makes you sike out yourself.
              For fast paced action and enjoyment, Aliens.
              Aliens just by a hair...
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Any movie with Bill "Chet" Paxton gets my vote. Loved his whiney marine. Alien 4 is a close second for me. Ron Perlman, nuff said.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Yeah, I like the cast in the 4th one, thought the movie was the best of the series as well.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                    Pat Troughton in disguise
                    • Nov 21, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Any movie with Bill "Chet" Paxton gets my vote. Loved his whiney marine. Alien 4 is a close second for me. Ron Perlman, nuff said.
                    ...just for that i'm going to give you a set of elephant paws...LOL love that movie
                    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

This is one of those really tough original versus sequel arguments (like godfather 1 or 2, Star wars or Empire, SPiderman 1 or 2 etc)

I love the horror side of Alien especially the htaching scene. Asformer army I sometimes have issues with the mechaincs of the marines but I still love it. Bill Paxton alone steals so many scenes. GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER

Comment

• Dr. Phibes
                        • Feb 2, 2008

I saw alien when it was in theatres in79, I was 14 and it scared crap out of me. Even today watching extended version, it is so gritty and the atmospher is so heavy that it still makes me uncomfortable-and i've seen it 100 times. The alien is the all time kreepiest thing ever-nobody can come up with anything as scary and original as the 1st alien...the cgi versions in 3 and 4 and in AvP aren't nearly as good. The 1st is so dark and gothic and i love the performances of the cast... very well done.
                        Having said that, i aslo like Aliens just not as much...both movies are in my top 10 all time. Bill Paxton very funny and private Vasqez kicks serious booty! Aliens is uniqe in it works as both a sequel and it stands alone if you knew nothing about the 1st movie.

Comment

• Steeler80
                          Mayor of Strunk
                          • Jun 29, 2001

This is a tough one as I liked the tone of dread and suspense in the first one, but the second is a terrific action movie.

I think I'd have to give the edge to Aliens. Like T1K said, the climax is classic.

(And I think the director's cut makes 3 a much better film.)

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                            Banned
                            • Oct 17, 2007

alien of course.,,the others where good but not that good. Sitting in the theater watching it was likr watching King Kong for the first time..no sequel or remake touch them.

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

I'd go with Alien. I still think it's one of the scariest movies ever, as well as being intelligent. Aliens is a great sequel, one of the best ever, and it's amazing how different it is from the original, while still being (nearly the) equal, IMO.

Comment

• goldenryan
                                coy member
                                • Jul 13, 2007

i liked alien better. It was more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎