Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thor
    Thunder God
    • Dec 17, 2009

I saw this movie in the theaters and I never thought it was that bad. It was certainly better than The Postman by far.
    sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• kennermike
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      See Looky Here ..... Even Mike's Having a Good Day.
      I take it back it was better then the Avengers!
      WHAAAATTEEEVEERRRRR!!

Comment

• Funkyterrance
        Museum Super Collector
        • Feb 15, 2012

" Don't like the Acting in WaterWorld" .....

I don't think the Acting is Bad at all really. ..... Even the Girl is Better than Young Anikan SkyWalker ...., and the ****** Who Played him in 2&3 for that Matter.

Some of the Smokers Come off as Idiots ..., but they are suppost to.
        Hopper has an Over the Top Role ..., But come on, ... He's suppost to be Crazy.

Jean TrippleHorn is Hot ...., imo.
        She Gives a Pretty Decent Arse Shot in the Movie .... , Kevin Reynolds ( The Director ) Musta Been Tired of Shooting Costner's Arse .
        Perhaps we have a higher standard towards acting. This is not always the fault of the actor though, a director can be responsible for this too.
        I have to disagree that someone being "hot" constitutes them being a better actor, arse shot or no.

Comment

• babycyclops
          Career Member
          • Jul 9, 2010

This thread is making me want to watch Waterworld again.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Funkyterrance
            Perhaps we have a higher standard towards acting. This is not always the fault of the actor though, a director can be responsible for this too.
            I have to disagree that someone being "hot" constitutes them being a better actor, arse shot or no.
            hmmmm ...

I didn't realize that it was Jean That you were trying to discredit as an Actor. ...., She's an Actress.

.... ok, You are right, we do seem to have a Different Standard, Because I have no Idea with what your writing in reguards to Her there Bro.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

I watched it a time or two on cable. Okay flick, but nothing there to make me wanna seek it out. Flicks shot on water are always costly though as we know from Jaws!!!
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Funkyterrance
                Museum Super Collector
                • Feb 15, 2012

hmmmm ...

I didn't realize that it was Jean That you were trying to discredit as an Actor. ...., She's an Actress.

.... ok, You are right, we do seem to have a Different Standard, Because I have no Idea with what your writing in reguards to Her there Bro.
                Wait.... What??

Let me clarify. I wasn't referring to any specific actor in Waterworld, just that the acting in that particular movie was not very good in my opinion. Poor acting in a movie can be the fault of either the actor or the director, it all depends on the circumstances. In reference to "Jean", I wasn't trying to discredit her, I was just noting that showing one's arse has nothing to do with acting ability.

Comment

• Toy Talk
                  Old and out of touch
                  • Aug 7, 2009

I enjoyed Waterworld for the most part. Heck, I even liked the Postman. The only problem I have with Costner movies is the length. The man has no idea how to make a film in 90 minutes or less.
                  "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

That's the only thing i will give him credit for, not making a typical 90 min. film that can fit in commercials and be shown on sunday nights movies on broadcast channels. I Like getting my money's worth and since movies are about $10 or more i want a 2 hour movie.Longer if it's a good story.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

I don't believe that a Good Arse Shot can't make an Actress more Believable and more of an actress in a movie to where I would buy what she was pitching at me more ...

Case in Point ..., the recent Hemingway / GillHorn Flick with Nicole Kidman.
                      Man ..., She Showed So Many Arse Shots in this Movie ..., and a Nude 1 too. I believed Everything Her character Had to Offer Completely, and was very captivated by Her Performance.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎