Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 2 (No Book Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Game of Thrones Season 2 (No Book Spoilers)

BLACKWATER!
    This profile is no longer active.
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Loved it.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

The Imp is the Best Character on the Show.
      I like the ******* too. ....

But I don't think this season is as good as the 1st One.
      I've never read the books, outside of Comics and Toliet Mags..., I've never been much for reading. ....

That WildFire Crap is Bad Arse.
      Last edited by BlackKnight; May 29, '12, 2:47 PM.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

I listened to the entire series on audiobooks after I watched Season 1. I had to know what comes next. So I don't know if I can compare Season 1 and 2 as a viewer. I was jazzed to see stuff come to life--Stannis, Davos, Brianne, all that stuff and Harranhall, Rattleshirt and the others. Really cool, they handled it great. Dani was kind of treading water....so much of it is setting things up for what happens in later seasons.

But the battle was awesome and Tyrion was fantastic, great speech to the troops. They had to make changes from the books to save money but it mostly worked out. Stannis was a beast.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I just finished the third book, but I'm planning to go back and watch the shows.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I thought the episode was great. Hard to capture such an epic battle on a TV show budget, but I thought they mostly pulled it off.

Tyrion was awesome, as always.

I thought The Hound did a great job this ep... just by the look in his eyes, it told you everything you needed to know about his history and fear of fire.

But honestly, the happiest surprise was the Cersei-Sansa scenes. Kinda of a throwaway moment in the books, I always thought, but the acting was killer and they really came to life on the show.

Oh and the closing credits, with the National's version of "Rains of Castamere"! I'm biased, because I'm a huge fan of both the band and GoT... but wow... simply amazing.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

great episode. the gore during the battle was sick. i cannot wait for Geoffrey to get his due. that sick little ******* deserves a horrible death.
              i just got the books but have not read them yet.
              can't believe next week is the season finale already

Comment

• raider5gt
                Museum Tree Cutter
                • Nov 25, 2007

I thought the 2nd series started slow but it has picked up,still a massive fan of the show,I really can't believe the 2nd series is nearly over,hope it ends on a high.

I agree,Tyrion is awesome,the Hound has also grown on me,I thought he was good in the last episode and told that spoilt brat Joffrey where to go,really hope he gets what is comming to him.

Great episode with the wildfire,the main battle and Tyrion stole the show for me.Looking forward to the seasons finale.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎