Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I hope they'll play musical (captain's) chairs. I bet Shatner would win...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
      Regarding the price of autographs and photo ops, keep in mind that most if not all 5 of these individuals are not actually charging the fees. They are paid for the appearance and the company bringing them in is the one who dictates the schedule and fees.

The price will have little to do with the specific actors "egos"
      Not always true. I ran a convention for 11 years. They sometimes dictate their terms and decide themselves what the price will be, or ask for a reserve, in which case they have to sell like 2,000 autographs, or the convention has to pay if they don't get to that amount. The convention then buys like 400 signed photos to get to the 2,000 mark.
      I arranged for many actors to come over, and somebody like Ray Park checked what other actors were asking and then added $20 for his photos. This was his own personal decision.
      I witnessed firsthand as Anthony Daniels himself insisted his price be raised when another actor asked more than he did. It's an eye-opener to see a little kid go up to his idol C-3PO (asking to sign his drawing of the droid) and hear the magic words "that'll be $50."

I never got Daniels' autograph myself, out of principle.
      Last edited by Gorn Captain; Apr 21, '12, 7:31 AM.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• vulcan2074
        Live Long and Prosper
        • Mar 23, 2008

That would be super cool to see them all together.
        Sammy

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Ok More 5 Captains talk ......

First, we'll let Janeway sit this one out .....

Remaining 4 Captains are all in their prime .....

A four man battle royal begins (no weapons)

WHO is the last man standing ?

I think Sisko would mop the floor with them -- especially Picard and Archer

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Kirk would go off with Janeway, and after Sisko brutalized Archer and made Picard cry, he'd put his boots back on, and take out Sisko with a patented flying kick...or a homemade gunpowder cannon.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

All I know is Picard would be on the floor in a puddle of his own urine.

I'm sure this kind of event makes a lot of people happy but for me, it's just a big cash grab and I'd rather not have the star's autograph. I collect autographs and am proud of the ones I have but never paid more than $25 and never waited for more than a half hour to get one.

Shatner and Nimoy appeared here once, I forget the cost, it may have been like $250. It seemed like the people had to wait in line for the majority of the day and were herded around like cattle.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                WHO is the last man standing ?
                Kirk would get his shirt torn and beat the hell out of the others.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Kirk would get his shirt torn and beat the hell out of the others.
                  Yes. And if he splits his pants, someone isn't going home.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

All I know is Picard would be on the floor in a puddle of his own urine.
                    Janeway could take out Picard in about 2 seconds.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

And also, during the fight Kirk will look strangely different --- but at the end of the fight he will look like himself again

Comment

• mego73
                        Printed paperboard Tiger
                        • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                        Not always true. I ran a convention for 11 years. They sometimes dictate their terms and decide themselves what the price will be, or ask for a reserve, in which case they have to sell like 2,000 autographs, or the convention has to pay if they don't get to that amount. The convention then buys like 400 signed photos to get to the 2,000 mark.
                        I arranged for many actors to come over, and somebody like Ray Park checked what other actors were asking and then added $20 for his photos. This was his own personal decision.
                        I witnessed firsthand as Anthony Daniels himself insisted his price be raised when another actor asked more than he did. It's an eye-opener to see a little kid go up to his idol C-3PO (asking to sign his drawing of the droid) and hear the magic words "that'll be $50."

I never got Daniels' autograph myself, out of principle.

i went to most of my cons before they started charging per autograph. The couple I went to that did I thought it was kinda surreal to see Robin Curtis, Robert Picardo, Peter Mayew and Ethen Philips putting money in a till and making change and such while doing autographs.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎