X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Star Trek on you tube

Hello all, I have been working in Indiana on a military base. I'm working supply so I'm kinda in the rear, I have been having some computer time here. I ran across some Star Trek on You tube, Starship Farragut, Star Trek Phase 2, and Starship Exeter. They are pretty well made and are just like TOS but with better special effects. I think of all of them I like Exeter the best. What do you guys think?
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream
  • zwischenstufe
    • Aug 8, 2011

I agree completely! Exeter has that feel like original Trek to me. Good acting, nice sets, the writing is really good and I like the characters! It's a pity that it's not going to be putting out more episodes. I wish Paramount would buy the rights to this and make it an actual show - I'd certainly watch it!!

Phase II and Farragut are good as well, but I have issues (mainly each has a certain actor on their show that CANNOT act or just looks totally wrong for the part and it just instantly takes me out of the enjoyment whenever they come on the screen. It suddenly goes from Trek into Fan-boy show,.. Pity as I see each with such potential.)

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I like Exeter better tan the rest. The idea is better executed than Phase II. You can't find anyone to mimic the original actors so create your own crew. The acting will never reach pro heights but production is at least pretty polished and slick. I think the Phase II actors are more wooden than Exeter. Exeter has better direction. Take the Bridge scenes when they're under attack by the Tressaurian ships. The camera really moves well and the editing is fast paced. I haven't seen anything like that in the other independent productions.

Act 2

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hey!

The Tressaurians are Mego gorn!

A lot of the fan stuff is really neat. It sometimes makes me sad that amateurs can produce stuff like this; new, but not incongruent with the original stuff.... whereas the official stuff starts looking more like everything else.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎