X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Young Anakin Says Star Wars Ruined His Childhood

I think it's kind'a sad this guy gave up because basically Star Wars fans bullied him. It wasn't his fault the movie was disliked. He didn't write the script. Maybe Will Wheaton could reach out to him:

Young Anakin Says Star Wars Ruined His Childhood | Giant Freakin Robot
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

please, Anakin was the role of a lifetime...good or bad he was Still Anakin F'N SKYWALKER! how many people would've loved that? He need's to grow some ballz and snap out of it...I'm surprised he hasn't blamed Turboman as well..

It wasn't the role, it was his poor acting skills that ruined his career, I met him and Like him...but come on dude
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• spacecaps
      Second Mouse
      • Aug 24, 2011

And he helped ruin Star Wars so fair trade. That role didn't really help the other guy that played Anakin in the follow up films either. Bad movies will ruin your career. Go ask Ben Affleck. But his acting in TPM was some of the worst on the screen and that saying something considering the competition he had. Also after he grew up he kind of looks like a Jack-o-Lantern a week after Halloween so I'm sure that didn't help him land any roles either. He's probably moping about this all the way to the bank too....
      "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
        Also after he grew up he kind of looks like a Jack-o-Lantern a week after Halloween so I'm sure that didn't help him land any roles either.
        lmao

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
          • Oct 8, 2007

I'm sure he made a few bucks off of it. If his parents didn't run off with it all he should consider himself very fortunate. Sob stories like that don't really earn my sympathy. There are millions of people with far worse off situations than that. Plenty of actors have had to deal with the backlash of a less than stellar movie, and rise above it to continue on.
          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

Dang he is a bigger wuss bag in real life than in character. Whah whah whah boo freakin hoo.

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

i'm sure he can do autograph shows with the kid who played boba fett.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

^The kid who played Boba Fett is too busy doing his voice on the cartoon.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
                  i'm sure he can do autograph shows with the kid who played boba fett.
                  he does

Comment

• kennermike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 4, 2007

Im sure you can all watch him on Celebrity Apprentice soon!

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Yeah, he should quit whining, but people forget he was 1) just a kid and 2) following the direction of one of the worst writer/directors ever. Don't get me wrong--Lucas has done some great work, but his talent is in surrounding himself with talented help. He's a great project manager, I guess I should say. The kid was only eight and no one really had much cause to doubt Lucas' ability at that point.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Didn't like Jake Lloyd's performance in Phantom Menace...but I respect him as an adult (pretty sharp lad).

I think Lloyd handled himself rather well in this interview for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmgio0VV1E

The interviewer is the one who comes across as a jerk...wish Lloyd would've popped him in the face.
                        Last edited by Hector; Mar 7, '12, 1:25 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Hey, he was just a little kid when he made that movie. He must have been lost on the set of a huge movie with tons of CG, and a director who focuses on SPX and not on actors.
                          I can understand that the experience was not what he had expected. Just ask McGregor and Jackson. They, even as adults, felt the same way.
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Everyone, including last year's Oscar award winning actress came across as wooden in that film. I think every actor, including those in the original trilogy have complained about trying to bring life to Lucas' rather clunky dialogue.

I think Harrison Ford's famous line was something to the effect of "George, you can write it, but you can't say it".

Lloyd was a kid, and other kids can be cruel. Too many young actors are crushed by the hollywood machine at such an early age. I think we tend to see much more examples like the Different Strokes kids than someone who has kept an even head... like Jodie Foster.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
                              please, Anakin was the role of a lifetime...good or bad he was Still Anakin F'N SKYWALKER! how many people would've loved that? He need's to grow some ballz and snap out of it...I'm surprised he hasn't blamed Turboman as well..

It wasn't the role, it was his poor acting skills that ruined his career
                              , I met him and Like him...but come on dude
                              Amen brother

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎