X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Chronicle

Chronicle is getting pretty good reviews...

Chronicle - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm going to check it out after this weekend...

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Roger Ebert gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars...

Chronicle :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Hopefully me and my girl can check this out next week. It looks like a really good flick.
      Sammy

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Might check this one out. I've heard it's pretty good (although it's still basically the old tale of absolute power corrupting absolutely), plus apparently the director has been mentioned for a (hopefully) period piece FF reboot...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

If you like super hero-type comics, I can't see why you wouldn't like it.

It reminds me a bit of a modern take on an "imaginary" Superboy story where a Luthor-type gets powers along with Superboy. Or, maybe, Mark Millar super-teen comic. The story also has a foot in 1950s scifi flicks or early Marvel Comics where a foreign material wreaks changes on a person's physiology.

Effects are really well done, among the most convincing I've seen in a movie portraying super-human powers, and the first-person camera works really well as a story-telling device.

One of the great things is that it doesn't explain how everything happens but concentrates on how the changes affect the people in the story.

As for how the director would handle a traditional film or the Fantastic Four in particular, I'm not sure. The gimmick of telling the story from video taken by the characters works for me with this movie, but it really doesn't tell me a ton about how well Josh Trank would handle actors, a larger cast or even a more traditional film narrative. Fox isn't going to allow a FF movie be told from the vantage point of found footage.

Again the movie is fun, but it's not a must see on the big screen. But again if you like super heroes, I think you would enjoy the movie.
          Last edited by madmarva; Feb 5, '12, 8:10 AM.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

The title would lead me to think the movie is about a newspaper.

Dana
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• raider5gt
              Museum Tree Cutter
              • Nov 25, 2007

The film has a type of Heroes vibe to it,looks quite good,from the trailers i have seen.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

My son and I saw it today, wife and daughter backed out at the last minute. The movie started out strong with a lot of potential, then it failed for me. It was average ...maybe 3 out of 5 stars. 7 outa 10......middle of the road. The one kid looks like a young Leonardo Decaprio. I was afraid the film style was going to detract from the over all product, but it didn't. Movie felt short, kind of unfinished....1 hour 35 min including previews. My 14 y/o son really enjoyed it. THe kid doesn't know what a good movie is, so he must have identified with one or more of the characters.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎