Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

It was a good scene...a case of making do actually making better me thinks...about time they had another story though..apart from the fan made stuff.
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

When the Five Doctors premiered here in the US, the only Doctor's i've actually seen in the past (at that time) were Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.
      I only seen Pat and William briefly in The Three Doctors.
      So, when I seen The Five Doctors, I had no idea what a Yeti was and I think the scene was quite good and a bit scary.
      When I eventually did see clips of the classic Yeti, I was let down.
      First thing I thought of when I seen them was Grimace from McDonalds

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>First thing I thought of when I seen them was Grimace from McDonalds

HAW! I'd never thought of that! Grimace can be pretty scary though; especially when he was evil....

Still; I think they could be effective baddies without a complete redo. (Yetis, not Grimmace.) I like the idea that aliens are all different looking. Too many shows feature aliens that are all oddly similar. ("Look! It's a dude with bumps on his head!") That's why I like the dumpy Yeti, and the freaky-eyeball Alpha Centaurans, and the Fendhall, and the Mechanoids, and the glam-rock Nimon, and the Playmobil-lookin' Cybermen. Hell; even the Daleks are a really REALLY silly idea. A salt shaker with a gun, eh? But look how effective they are as baddies.

It's all in the presentation I think.

Don C.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          • Nov 21, 2007

True...used to hate Star Trek ...next gen onwards due to all aliens either having bumps on their noses/forheads/ears. Even TOS had better aliens Gorn/Medusans/Salt Vampire/Excalibans...even the tribbles. Who has had more than 100 different aliens ..all with different designs ...even the crap ones such as Dominators had significant costumes to show diversity(and the Quarks)///not all were great but at least some thought went into it....web planet is a great example of this...yes they were based on insects but it was a true attempt to show a completly alien culture.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

web planet is a great example of this.........

Loved-- The Web Planet......

I never seen it until I bought the DVD.
            When completed, I felt like I just watched a staged opera....

Not like any other Who i've ever seen-- classic or new series.

Comment

• Boris71
              GeekBot' For Life
              • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
              I really don't like the bride character.
              I think she's going to be very annoying after a short time.
              A one shot comedy episode (Runaway Bride) is ok, but I think they should have left it at that.

Hey, speaking of Season-4, I thought 4 was going to be the Season of Davros ?
              I have to agree with you I found her annoying in the trailer
              Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                • Nov 21, 2007

Years ago I used to think it was too slow paced for me but over the years i've come to love it....maybe a return visit to the planet Vortis would be nice (I know this has been done in the expanded universe).

Comment

• YANOULI
                  Part-Time Timelord
                  • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
                  When I eventually did see clips of the classic Yeti, I was let down.
                  First thing I thought of when I seen them was Grimace from McDonalds
                  Funny you should say that!
                  When the McDonalds figures were released ( last year? ) i was actually toying with the idea with getting a Grimace and using it as the basis for a Yeti Custom.
                  " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                    • Nov 21, 2007

DO IT...DO IT.......maybe you could use Mayer mc cheese (or whatever his name was), as a starting point for the dragon in "Dragonfire"?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎