X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Mysterious Island blu ray

The good news. Mysterious Island is on blu ray and from many varied reports, the result is terrific

Mysterious Island Blu-ray

The bad news, it's a limited edition of 3000 copies on the Screen Archives website and clocks in at $40 bucks with shipping.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_...SLAND-BLU-RAY/

Now, this is a guy that is used to paying less than $15, sometimes more like $10, for most blu rays (discounting the multi disc Disney packs and the box sets with a lot of printed material on a few selected beloved classics like Wizard Of Oz)through getting them on sale and/or waiting so I was wrestling with myself.

This limited edition release might get a later wide release by the studio and then again, it may not and 3000 copies seems like a small number to me.

Anyway, if the 3000 unit limited edition was a ploy to get me to pay a premium price for one of my favorite Harryhausin movies..... it worked.

I gritted my teeth while pressing the confirm order button though.
    Last edited by mego73; Dec 5, '11, 1:01 AM.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

I really like this Film but $ 40 for a Blu Ray is crazy even if its limitted edition!

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by kennermike
      I really like this Film but $ 40 for a Blu Ray is crazy even if its limitted edition!
      I tend to agree, I can be a sucker sometimes

Selling for even more on Ebay

Mysterious Island Blu ray sealed 1961 limited 3000 copies | eBay

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

I got it. It's great! They threw in a Mysterious Island refrigerator magnet along with the blu blu ray, cute.

One odd thing about the blu ray is that it lacks a pop up menu that most blu rays have. It has just a main menu like a DVD would have.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• kennermike
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by mego73
          I got it. It's great! They threw in a Mysterious Island refrigerator magnet along with the blu blu ray, cute.

One odd thing about the blu ray is that it lacks a pop up menu that most blu rays have. It has just a main menu like a DVD would have.
          sounds like a nice Blu Ray but $ 40 bucks plus shipping is still way over the top

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

$40 including shipping.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎