• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Inspector Spacetime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPeqaZiQ-M

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed here.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Nefud
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 17, 2009

This made me super happy. I loved that it had been on since 1962-- that means those *******s at Doctor Who ripped off Inspector Spacetime in 1963!

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I thought it was a little out of character that Abed is so into TV and pop culture, and never watched Inspector Spacetime... I remember as a kid sitting on the shag carpet at my grandmother's house, watching Inspector Spacetime reruns.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Same here, sprytel. I'd watch it while playing with my Superbman, Batguy, Captain USA and Awesome Arachnid-Person figures by Megow.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah that was awesome. Abed: "This is the best show I've ever seen in my entire life"

Originally posted by sprytel
          I thought it was a little out of character that Abed is so into TV and pop culture, and never watched Inspector Spacetime..
          That, and he should certainly have known that Cougar Town's schedule was just pushed back.

So glad to see Community back for Season 3, the best comedy currently on TV IMO, it's endlessly inventive

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Finally caught this, and loved that moment.

In defense of Abed, I'm the geekiest of the geek and was only peripherally interested in Inspector Spacetime as a kid. I was a Star Wars kid, and have only become a fan of the new series partway through the new Tennant episodes, because a friend introduced me to an episode when we were stuck hanging out at his place with his newborn and we happened to have nothing better to do than watch his TiVo shows.

Abed Is in his early twenties. Inspector Spacetime would have been off the air when it really mattered at that impressionable age. As Troy has shown us in past episodes, they are Star Trek TNG kids at heart. Something we probably don't relate to.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Nefud
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 17, 2009

I didn't discover Doctor Who until I was 25 (in 2005), and I was instantly hooked on the classic series. It happens.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎