Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

I really liked this movie, right up to the end... then it always seemed to me to like they didn't know how to end it so they shot some mumbo-jumbo that could be interpreted any number of ways. That said, I'm a big fan of the old Disney movies. It's just that this one didn't cut it for great finishes.

As far as being the set-up for a sequel...

It's coming out soon! It's called Horton Hears A Who. The Black Hole compressed their world down to the size of a dust molecule and they'll soon be discovered by an elephant with good hearing.

Comment

• Airdave817
      Satellite Monitor Duty
      • May 31, 2007

Gotta love a sci-fi movie that brought together the talents of Anthony Perkins (Psycho), Ernest Borgnine (McHale's Navy), Slim Pickens (Blazing Saddles)Robert Forster (Who?); and, the patron saint of simians everywhere Roddy McDowall.

I had the paperback adaptation. I always thought that they merged and then their atoms were scattered at the end. Kind of a sucky non-happy, non-Disneyfied ending if you ask me. What, no escape pod? No hero to sacrifice himself so that everybody else could live?

I've only actually seen the movie itself once. Gonna have to add that one to my Netflix list...
      Shameless self-promotion -
      Earth-Dave
      KROC-FM
      Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
      "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

Lets not forget Maximilian Schell...remember seeing it at the cinema on its original release and absolutely loving the cathedral like Cygnus...
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

Just found the novel in a charity shop so i'll shall read it and get back to everyone...if you're still interested.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎