X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Tom Desanto/Bryan Singer 2001 Battlestar Galactica Continuation

man what could have been? I have been upset for the last 10 years that this didnt happen,great 5 part interview with Tom Desanto, Glen Larson was a great supporter on this project unlike his disgust for the Ron Moore 2003 Re-Imagined version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0E7yIl2g88
    Last edited by kennermike; Apr 22, '11, 2:15 PM.
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

From what I understand this was going to run on Fox and when it didn't happen they green lighted Firefly. I would have loved to see a continuation, too, but chances are it wouldn't have lasted long. Remakes are OK, but there is something about seeing the original performers reprising their roles. However, those actors or reprisals need to acknowledge that a character has aged, otherwise, it doesn't work.
    It's all good!

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

that link led me eventually to this and boy I wish this would have been made
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNk6VMg9xs&NR=1

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

The Bryan Singer continuation seemed to have a lot of potential... it's a shame it never went ahead.

But yeah, I've been hoping something would happen with Richard Hatch's "The Second Coming" concept since 1999.
        Right now, any officially confirmed continuation of the original Galactica saga would be awesome news.
        Last edited by Bruce Banner; Apr 25, '11, 9:24 AM.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

I don't want to be Capt. Bringdown here but DeSanto's version of a BSG continuation sounds even less palatable than Ron Moore's version IMO.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎