X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

The Magician

I wish I'd kept this show when I used to tape epsiodes on Sci-Fi (who knew it would turn into SyFy and lose everything that made it fun?)

So, with no official DVD release in sight and a son I've told all about it forever, does anyone out there have any Magician eps they could copy? Even the pilot movie?

I'd also love to lay my hands on the McCallum Invisible Man too -- both of those short-lived shows were my favorites in grade school.

And howcum they never re-run old TV pilot movies any more? I remember in high school, college, and even after I got married, occasionally The Questor Tapes or Genesis II or Exo-Man or Search (remember Leonard Nimoy in Baffled!?) or any of those TV movies used to pop up late night, but I've had them on my TiVo wish list for years, and never caught any . . .
    Last edited by knight errant00; Mar 3, '11, 5:47 PM.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

With theatrical movies coming to regular cable channels in less than two years now, old TV movies probably don't seem that appealing to station programmers.

I saw the Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman pilot like that. I had no idea it existed, and was one CONFUSED 10 year old.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I saw the Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman pilot like that. I had no idea it existed, and was one CONFUSED 10 year old.
      Chris
      I remember watching it on its original broadcast and being one confused tyke as well!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Weird Invisible Man only made 13 episodes.

I haven't seen the series since it was broadcast new in the mid 70's - and I used to love it .... but remembering it today, I thought it was on for a longer time.

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          With theatrical movies coming to regular cable channels in less than two years now, old TV movies probably don't seem that appealing to station programmers.
          Chris
          Y'know . . . you'd think those would be a perfect fit for RTN and Antenna TV and all these retro TV channels that are starting to crop up, though -- the audience for Banacek reruns has got to have some overlap with the Questor and Magician crowds . . .

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey01
            Weird Invisible Man only made 13 episodes.

I haven't seen the series since it was broadcast new in the mid 70's - and I used to love it .... but remembering it today, I thought it was on for a longer time.
            That's because 13 weeks was a larger proportion of your life back then!

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
              Career Member
              • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by knight errant00
              So, with no official DVD release in sight and a son I've told all about it forever, does anyone out there have any Magician eps they could copy? Even the pilot movie?
              I think I have some eps on VHS - unsure if the pilot is on there, I'll have a look this weekend & try to track 'em down.

Comment

• ironman1188
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 11, 2007

Spectre with Robert Culp and Gig Young was on the other night. as for the other shows you seek, try ioffer.com
                little seen and short lived shows pop up there rather often and are usually pretty affordable.
                Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I have all the Magician eps, (except the pilot) and about 6 Invisible Man eps, (no pilot). They're on tape (from the Sci-Fi channel), I don't burn DVDs. If you're interested in some kind of swap, PM me.
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by ironman1188
                    Spectre with Robert Culp and Gig Young was on the other night.
                    NO KIDDIN'?!?

What channel? Just so I can keep an eye on 'em!

A lot of 'em are on YouTube as well -- I actuall started watching Spectre last week there.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎