The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favourite 5" Star Trek Playmates figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

What are your favourite 5" Star Trek Playmates figures?

They do kind of look goofy nowadays, but the proportions do have a certain charm about them that probably made them more appealing to kids at the time.

The first one I bought was the borg (I think I bought Kenner Queen Alien at the same time, which started me as an adult collector).

I picked up Hugh and Picard/locutus as well. Did they make any other non movie ones? I'm sure Voyager probably did, but I was out of Trek by then (Babylon 5!).

I was tempted by the Borg cube, but it wasn't in scale as a playset. I would have definitely got it if I could have displayed the figures inside.

I also got Data and Picard as Romulans.

as is usually the case with the Star Trek figures, I think the Aliens are definitely the stars of this line.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

I always liked the facial expression on Gowron:

And I agree about the aliens being the stars.. always liked Esoqq..

I always thought they should've brought his character back later for another appearance..

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I always liked the fact that these figures came with accessories, but it's tragic that it should coincide with the Pog fad.

I wasn't hugely into DS9, but I had to get a Morn.

Who'd a thought Norm from Cheers would get a toy!

(did DS9 have a Cliff Claven alien?)
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

How stoopid am I? All these years (and Cheers & DS9 being two of my favorite shows ever), and I never made the connection between barflies Norm/Morn..
        Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Feb 17, '11, 5:07 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

wow, I never made that connection either.
          I did not buy much of these lines, I did get the Borg, Picard and fenegi when they first came out and then got Admiral McCoy and Spock from Unification and Scotty from relics.....just thought it was so cool they appeared in episodes of TNG. I was going to seel them on ebay a few years back but they were gouing for pennies so I just gave it all to my son to open and play with

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

I have to say my pics are very regular but rest mainly with the classic cast. Why `O' why couldn't they have made more!?!?! A complete Star Trek II cast in red uniforms that could actually sit down? Variant McCoy in his white Dr.'s outfit? Kirk's Son? Carol Marcus? Kirk and Spock, Chekov and Tyrell in movie space-suits? Star Trek III cast in casual attire? Complete bridge crew from The Cage??? Cyrano Jones was not made in the Tribble-themed wave! What'sup with that?

If any of you are looking for Mego sized versions of these for customs Austin/MegoWGSH re-sized some of them for me a few years ago as well as McFarlane toys Mulder & Scully. Contact him.

Kirk, Casual Attire & Kirk Generations:

Chekov & Scotty & Captain Scott, Generations & ST-TNG. Some of these heds are so big on these scale of figures it would be as out of proportion as an orangutan's head.

Capt. Pike, The Cage, 9 inch & 12 inch:

Krudge, Star Trek III

Saavik, Star Trek II

Kirk & McCoy, St-TMP. I appreciated the 1st movie uniforms more after seeing these figures.

Uhura and Marlena from mirror, Mirror:
            Last edited by johnmiic; Feb 17, '11, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎