X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Great actor!!!
    I wish he had made more main stream films but glad he did lots of B stuff.
    I always thought he should have made a movie with bruce Campbell.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
      Shows his career has longevity and that the suits are still willing to hire him... At least he's not out hocking lawyers or where to find the best hotel rate like Shatner...

Roddy McDowall had a long and varied career because he did "anything for a paycheck"... Nobody vilified him for doing game shows, TV guest spots or not so hot movies... Those things kept him going between his more notable roles, why should Singer be any different?
      I'm not villifiying Marc Singer. I'm just not impressed he is on the new show. It's a nice bone for the fans of the original but his career isn't so stellar I would call it anything other than a payday for him. I could be wrong he could be like Richard Hatch in BSG where he genuienly felt the new show was good but then again I'm not sure how much stock I put in that based on the success of Hatch's carreer
      Singer like Sam Jones is a B movie actor at best. While I love Beastmaster he does alot of schlock made for cable/video stuff. Lots of actors do it and make a comfortable living (Tim Thomerson comes to mind)

If Roddy had only had 2 tv successful tv movies, a series that lasted a year, a bucnh of tv 1 shots, 1or 2 cult classic film...and was an actor today I'd probably say the same thing if he was in an Apes remake BUT he had a series of hugely successful films (apes, lassie, Flicka, how green was my valley) and was critically noted for his ability to act
      Last edited by jds1911a1; Dec 1, '10, 8:35 AM.

Comment

• david_b
        Never had enough toys..
        • May 9, 2008

Well said.. Basically, what it comes down to (IMHO), is actors want to.. ACT.

If it's with his old series, to beef up his draw at cons, coolness.

david_b
        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Marc Singer is a really nice man, if you do see him at a con don't hesitate, he wants to be there and likes talking to fans. Unlike Darth Vader and the incredible Jerk.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Singer = Action on V.
            I'm sooooooo gonna try to be there now. I bet he can still Ninja Kick a Lizard.
            Last edited by BlackKnight; Dec 1, '10, 10:36 PM.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
              and the incredible Jerk.

I heard he's real nice and will try and talk your ear off, If you Buy an Autograph or his book.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                spam
                • May 28, 2009

I am a muscle head too so Lou had no problem talking to me. I just wish Singer's GREAT movie If you could see what I hear would be released on DVD. That is a keeper.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Marc Singer is a really nice man, if you do see him at a con don't hesitate, he wants to be there and likes talking to fans.
                  I'd be really star struck talking to him. He just seems to have this air of
                  "fantasy genre coolness" about him that many others can't match.
                  Guess I'd say the same thing about his "V" co-star Michael Ironside.

Darth Vader and the incredible Jerk.
                  I smell web series.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by BOTZWANA
                    I am a muscle head too so Lou had no problem talking to me. I just wish Singer's GREAT movie If you could see what I hear would be released on DVD. That is a keeper.
                    wasn't that a made for tv?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎