X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thor
    Thunder God
    • Dec 17, 2009

Caprica cancelled...

I actually this show. I admit it was a bit slow in areas but it had a engaging plot imo. Let' get this straight the will cancel a Sci-fi show but they will actively promote and keep the WWE on.
    sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

Heard rumors of some other series set between the BSG series.
    Rich

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

Yeah they are going to make a Bill Adama series instaed.
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

About time this had great potential but turned out to be a massive whiny,snotty,bore-fest!!!
        I can say I only enjoyed three episodes of the entire run so far.
        Bring on the new series there is still some cash left in the cow.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

this show just did not interest me. I loved the new BG and tried to watch the Caprica pilot but I was just not into it.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I tried, it just didn't carry me over from BSG. I'm guessing this may have been a common problem.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• trekman101
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2009

I watched it....hoped it would fill the void left after BSG...but it really kind of sucked,with all it's political and religion bullsh......Ron Moore really knows how to screw up what he's involved with
              "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Love the new Battlestar Galactica...but Caprica was a borefest...zzzzzzzzzz...
                sigpic

Comment

• Doc
                  Banned
                  • May 9, 2010

I didnt think I'd like it but it did catch my interest. I did like the set up. The veiw of colonial society and the mirror to ours. They captured the everybodys hooked on technology part well with V world. But then they sort of stayed there. I mean back story established, Zoey in the robot ,lets get on with the cylon story..........I just hope they end it with some closure and not just cut it off.
                  Last edited by Doc; Nov 7, '10, 8:06 PM.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                    Removed.
                    • Jun 14, 2008

The only reason I watched the new BSG was because it was a reimagination of the original series. I wasn't crazy about the "everything mirrors Earth" changes they made. For example, all the original BSG slang (except Frak, which they seemed to actually OVER-use) and all the uniqueness in their attire, culture, etc was thrown out. Yet somehow they still made the characters & storyline interesting and you could still get a taste of it being BSG due to the same basic plot of the original: Cylons destroy the colonies and chase the galactica-headed fleet through space.
                    So that's basically why the prequels don't interest me at all. BSG without Galactica and the Cylons in conflict sounds dull.
                    Rich

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

I am starting to feel like Linus in the Pumpkin Patch, but I'm still waiting for a real Battlestar Galactica revival......sigh.
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                        Removed.
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
                        I am starting to feel like Linus in the Pumpkin Patch, but I'm still waiting for a real Battlestar Galactica revival......sigh.
                        So am I but realistically I think that time has passed...or soon will...as a lot of the original actors have passed on or are too old. This should have been done 10-15 years ago. Richard Hatch's website (I assume it's still there) had a lot of info on his proposed revival and there's a trailer out there (might also be on his site) that he made to try to sell the new series.

Rich

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Not sure if his web-site is still there or not, but I do remember his pitch and mini-film he made. I liked it, even if it was a little Apollo heavy, but I guess that was understandable. I was pretty hopeful when all that was going on....I fear it might have even sparked the revival we did get.

I agree its almost too late now. Maybe if they revisted the idea though it could be sort of a next Gen thing, with the old heroes in mentor roles. After the Moore version, I doubt we'll see anything though. Bryan Singer was supposed to be doing a Classic Galactica revival film, but it sounds more like another re-imagining thats closer in feel to the original film, but still not the original series.
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ironman1188
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 11, 2007

Originally posted by Captain
                            Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                            So am I but realistically I think that time has passed...or soon will...as a lot of the original actors have passed on or are too old. This should have been done 10-15 years ago. Richard Hatch's website (I assume it's still there) had a lot of info on his proposed revival and there's a trailer out there (might also be on his site) that he made to try to sell the new series.

Rich
                            I agree and had really hoped that the BSG that I heard was coming to Sci-fi was going to be just that, not some revamped, updated, PC nonsense.

That being said, yes, Hatch did have that trailer he was pushing [and that he funded the making of on his own] but he also wrote several novels that continued the storyline. I would LOVE to see a studio grab the rights to them, and even if only direct to DVD make a CGI movie from each. That way, with todays technology we could get great graphics and still include Cain, Adama, Baltar etc who have all already left us. And getting some of the original actors do to voice work might be easier that getting them geared up and running around space again.
                            Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎