X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
    If they bring back Kirk, don't you think that would trivialize his death in Generations?

IMO, that movie trivialized Star Trek

I say we dump everything we've ever seen in the trash AFTER Undiscovered County and start over
    Only if I can add Final Frontier to the pile.

Comment

• joshvox
      Clown Prince of Crime
      • Mar 21, 2006

My view is, death or no death, if Shatner wants in this movie, you put him in. I'm a big fan of the Next Gen series, but the movies were horrible and I would have no problem with raising him from the dead if a decent explanation was used. Besides, how hard would it be just to do a flashback or something to set the story up--before his death--if they want to keep that storyline in tact?

Comment

• joshvox
        Clown Prince of Crime
        • Mar 21, 2006

Check this video out from Williamshatner.com--you can really tell the guy is genuinely disappointed that he won't be in it. Now I'm really ticked--I will not see this movie.

Is William Shatner in the New Star Trek Movie? - Channel: ShatnerVision on LiveVideo.com
        Last edited by joshvox; Oct 26, '07, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• JDeRouen
          Author of Small Things
          • Jun 14, 2001

How can you possibly judge a movie before it's even been made?

And who cares if Shatner is in it or not?
          --
          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• joshvox
            Clown Prince of Crime
            • Mar 21, 2006

I'm not judging the movie--will be great for all I know. I and millions of Shatner (and Star Trek) fans care if the guy who made Star Trek what it is is getting the shaft--as he certainly appears to be. He should by all means be in this movie if he wants to be, and he does, so make room. There will be plenty of time for the "new" crew if the movie is successful. You must respect the history of this franchise if the newest incarnation is to be successful, and they aren't starting out very well.
            Last edited by joshvox; Oct 27, '07, 1:37 PM.

Comment

• kingcarm
              That Ape Guy
              • Sep 7, 2001

Originally posted by JDeRouen
              And who cares if Shatner is in it or not?
              Obviously alot of people.
              Carm

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

The problem with Shatner is that he doesn't just want to be in the movie, he likely wants to play an integral, major, and most importantly, highly paid, part in it. He won't be happy with a cameo or a voiceover role (such as maybe doing the intro... Space, the final frontier). I am guessing if JJ Abrahms can wedge him into it without majorly adapting the script and bankrupting the budget, he will, but Bill is famous for playing hardball for his guest appearances, which I believe is one reason he never did an appearance on Enterprise.

I love Shat, but if a major role isn't part of the puzzle, I won't cry because he turned down a minor one.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

To me personally, Shatner literally is Star Trek.
                  With him being still alive and kicking and not being in a movie that's centered around Captain Kirk (and he seems to clearly want to be) ... is unreal.

I have a sneaky suspicion they're all playing us bigtime--including Shat.
                  I can imagine Bill and Leonard laughing together at this very minute at all this NO SHAT talk.
                  Remember,
                  Leonard was also the same guy that left "Leonard Nimoy" off the title credits of Search For Spock.

I think they're all -- including Shat -- in cahoots

Comment

• EllaJames
                    • Sep 28, 2007

I can't believe they're not putting him in the new film, that's just craziness!

Comment

• kingcarm
                      That Ape Guy
                      • Sep 7, 2001

Originally posted by EllaJames
                      I can't believe they're not putting him in the new film, that's just craziness!
                      My thoughts exactly.
                      Carm

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

If Shantner's not in it,it's a rental DVD movie for me,if he was in it ..well then it's movie theater worthy
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 28, 2006

It's all about Nimoy baby...Who was the original cast member "the cage" (Nimoy)
                          Who died in the movies and was brought back (Nimoy) not shat he still DEAD.
                          Who directed more than one movie(Nimoy).
                          So who out of all cast members should get another movie?Thats right Nimoy.
                          SPOCK is what kirk wishes he could be....Alive.
                          I'm kidding.I love Bill he is awesome and I'm sure he will be in the movie.Even if he is not I shall still go see it in theatres.
                          Kirk will be in the movie I'd bank on it.
                          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎