X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Jo Grant returns in Sarah Jane Adventures

Just read Doctor Who Magazine #421 and it was reported that Katy Manning is scheduled to appear along with Matt Smith as the Doctor in the 2 part ending to series 4 of The Sarah Jane Adventures. These are not cameo appearances but guest starring appearances like David Tennant's appearance in the 2-parter from last year: The Wedding of Sarah Jane. The story is written by RTD. I would say in Katy Manning's case it is a way overdue comeback.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Is the show aimed at kids? I watched a few of the first episodes and thought it was made for kids. Does it get better? I had trouble watching it and only watched five episodes.

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Is the show aimed at kids? I watched a few of the first episodes and thought it was made for kids. Does it get better? I had trouble watching it and only watched five episodes.

Yeah, it is sort'a aimed at kids but I don't think it's watered down so much. If you saw School Reunion where they brought Sara Jane back to Doctor Who I would say most episodes are at least as complex as that. Have you seen the Doctor, David Tennant guest starring on it? He entered teh story at this point. You have to find part one - if the BBC hasn't removed it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzseEdVy3-4&NR=1
      Last edited by johnmiic; Jun 27, '10, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I watched a couple more episodes and it is totally a kid's show. Hard to watch most of the time.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I really like it, and I like Jo a lot. It's more like the old days, when Dr Who was a kid's show.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

It seems like the seventh Doctor was for kids. I didn't like his run on the show. I'll try to get into kiddie mode and watch some more Sarah Jane...

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

I don't think Sarah Jane is that bad. It's certainly not as insulting as American kids shows. The thing I noticed is they play the separation anxiety card a lot tho. Many plots involve separating Sarah from her son. That should be plenty to traumatize the current generation of kids in the UK.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎