Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Moments in Science Fiction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Worst Moments in Science Fiction

Like the funniest thread this thread is also left in the eye of the beholder.

Worst Moments in Science Fiction .....

Could be plot, special effects, actors, etc ....

All I ask,
    DO NOT include junkie low budget B movies.

I only want A list movies.

I'll start (in no order) ............

Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith
    Hayden Christensen is the worst actor EVER.

Star Trek The Motion Picture
    Time it took to get through the cloud part of V-GER

Alien-3
    The entire movie
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Star Trek 5 camping scenes
    AVP - entire movie
    Battlefield Earth - entire movie

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Back to the Future - part 3
      The ending.
      I HATED the train time machine - hated-hated-hated it.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

^^yeah that was pretty stupid.

what about the scene in Flash Gordon where Flash is fighting all of Mings guards in the throne room and Dale starts cheer leading for him. that scene always strikes me as ridiculous

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Yes, the cheerleading was embarrassing to watch.

Also the THANKS FLASH written in the sky using Birdmen's bodies.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
            WANTED for card bending
            • Apr 26, 2008

Flash Gordon is a stupid movie all around, admit it. If it were released today it would be a laughing stock, even with updated visuals. But as a kid this was awesome, and will remain awesome for the sake of my 7 year old self.

the worst moment however was when Lucas decided to change Star Wars, any of it.

Comment

• Doc
              Banned
              • May 9, 2010

Contact the ending.

Planet of the Apes the Statue of liberty scene.............. Just kidding wanted to see if anybody would catch that.

Comment

• Brazoo
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 14, 2009

"Mission to Mars" - where do I start? It's the WORST sci-fi film of all time.

Comment

• Brazoo
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 14, 2009

"Bicentennial Man" - the incest sub-plot, the scenes with Oliver Platt and his creepy white-man jive talking sex robot, the Pepsi Girl...
                  Last edited by Brazoo; Jun 12, '10, 5:32 PM.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

For me it has to be the Motion pictures-Grey Pajamas...?
                    What the hell were they thinking I mean the TV series was so bright and vibrate and the movie was just drab and dreary.
                    The whole film sucked but was greatly advanced with the directors cut but it still has pajamas in it...

Flash gordon the cheerleading scene I agree that was just sucky.
                    ET -I just thought the whole film kinda sucked,it bored the crap out of me.
                    I didn't watch it until I was like 16 so maybe that's why but it was crap.
                    Jedis Ewoks...They brought down the empire...Really...Come on Lucas admit it you ran out of story.Wookies okay I can see that;ewoks,nah.So do it right rework Jedi get rid of the ewoks and cgi in wookies and now you have a film....
                    Ewoks the tribbles of the SW universe...
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

Ditto on lots of above. One that always sticks out for me is Star Trek Generations. Enterprise D and Kirk in the same movie. It was like they were saying, "hey, let's get rid of those things that were developed when Roddenberry was around." Plus, the script was bad for that one. Picard and Kirk finally meet and half the time Kirk is asking him to cook scrambled eggs or what not.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

-The X-Files. All of it. It was one of those things that made sense so long as you didn’t stop and think about it. For example: Mulder was supposed to be some super-genius agent, but in the 2-part evil oil episode, he scoops alien nose-blow off a diving suit where everyone (but one guy) is dying of some disease WITH HIS FINGERS! Later on, he runs into an old nemesis and gets into a fistfight in the middle of a Hong Kong airport. (And nobody notices....) After finally catching this guy he sends him down the hall to the bathroom BY HIMSELF to get cleaned up. (‘Course, Mr Assassin doesn’t think to hide in the woman’s john ‘til Mulder goes off looking for him.)

Luckily Sculley finds, in FOOT LONG RED LETTERS written on a map the word which happens to be the code name for the mission to find the evil oil. EQUALLY LUCKILY, an old friend of the family HAPPENED to be on the original mission and can explain it to her. Just as lucky when, during the evil prison warden episode an inmate pulls her aside and TELLS her what’s going on! Seriously, the cast of Scooby Doo had to work harder than this to solve their cases. (And why didn’t paranoid Mulder wonder why the old dude in the wheelchair HAPPENED to know where evil stretchy guy buried all the bodies?)

Add an impotent conspiracy who couldn’t off one agent nobody liked. Really? ONE attempt? You want Mulder gone send him on a REAL FBI mission: “So; the head of the Crips is having a cache of weapons smuggled in tomorrow. Here’s his address. Good luck.” Hell; in the evil oil episode pseudo-Arnie catches Mulder, rubs it in his face that his sister is dead and just leaves him. He might as well hung him from the mast by his undies and made the Nelson Muntz laugh. Sheesh! I could have offed this guy!

Don C.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

^^ so I am sensing you do not like the X-Files..

I loved the show, first movie too. Second one was a pile of crap.

i still like Flash Gordon but some of the scenes mentioned are pure cheese, and not in a good way at all.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

New Star Wars trilogy: waste of time and money
                            2001: A Space Odyssey: hate it, hate it, hate it
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Meule
                              2001: A Space Odyssey: hate it, hate it, hate it
                              I liked the HAL parts on the ship (except for the long boring extended ending).

I'd like to see a re-edited version only showing these parts.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎