X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by phil
    I was disapointed that the religious fanatic Daleks only appeared in "Parting of the
    Ways". I thought that was an interesting development.
    No real spoiler here but you won't be dissapointed with season 3 if you liked that Idea
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>I'd rather see the series moving forward and not depend on bringing back old
      character/elements unless they do something really different.

I can agree; although with a show like Doctor Who, you've got so much history it's a shame not to use any of it. I kinda think it's nifty how they're setting UNIT up to be antagonists more than associates in the new show. Weird twist. I did like how they brought back the old bad guys but didn't "reimagine" them. At least not to the point they were unrecognizable.

>I was disapointed that the religious fanatic Daleks only appeared in "Parting of the Ways". I thought that was an interesting development.

Yeah; but they were an isolated bunch. I imagine different groups of daleks, all thinking themselves the last survivours, could develop all sorts of weird ideas.

>As far as Tom Baker coming back it could be interesting but it looks a lot
      different these days.

He looks like he's a zillion years old! Although I bet he could still pull it off.

>I hope Rose stays where she is. I've had more than enough of female companions mooning over the Doctor.

I really felt that way about Martha; although they really wrapped that up nicely last season. I'm not opposed to that sort of thing, but it cheapens it when EVERY female falls for him. And vice-versa.

Don C.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by YANOULI
        UNIT is controlled from Geneva and was set up on the insistence of Lethbridge Stuart, who was kind of the unofficial leader. Plus most of the alien incursions happened in the UK, possibly due to the Doctor's presence.

It wouldn't be weird to have Tom back as the Doctor if they went down the Dark Dimension route, in that he didn't regenerate after falling from the telescope in Logopolis.
        i don't think they even have to go that route. Let's admit it Pat Troughton was very much older, greyer and rounder when they shot the 2 dr's with Colin baker and we all just accepted it. I think Jon Pertwee in 5 dr's was less noticable since his hair was white so early. Tom's baggy coat can be used to mask some of the Girth and a top notch wig will restore his currly browns look. one thing you can say about the new show they don't cut corners on the makeup

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by stevemoore
          This thread should be titled Dr. Whumors.
          HA HA HA

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎