• Aug 19, 2007

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBmc1ZdpkEM

Comment

• Cmonster
      Banned
      • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by supes
      I would love to see this movie, where is everyone seeing it?
      There have been several festival screenings both in Europe and here in the states, and I've also sent DVD screeners to friends and select industry colleagues. Unfortunately however, I think a lot of people are downloading it illegally on the torrent sites. There's also bootleg DVD's floating around at some of the conventions and toy shows. Sadly, some of the corporate people and the investors involved in getting the US distribution deal finalized, don't recognize nor see the value in all the buzz, positive reviews and insatiable appetite for the film amongst sci-fi fans. In my personal opinion, the pirating of the film has been a direct result of their attitude. They simply refuse to acknowledge the fact that genre films like "Hunter Prey", that have no budget, no stars, and no US distribution deal, don't ever get the sheer amount of buzz and coverage we've gotten. All you've got to do is google "Hunter Prey"... It's not like it's hard to find. There's page and pages of interviews, pictures and feedback on the trailer. My pleas to them to get the film out to the hungry fans, still fall on deaf ears, simply prompting their usual response of; "You just don't understand. Selling a film to buyers is completely different from selling a film to the public... We weren't on the set, telling you how to direct the film, don't tell us how to sell it."

It's the age old battle of creative people against the corporate machine. They say that the US buyers and distributors aren't clamoring to buy the film, which may be true, but the fans are clamoring to SEE it. Somewhere, somehow, there's got to be a way to get this film distributed to the people who want it. I'm confident that will be figured out very soon, so stay tuned.

Although I can't promise anything yet, because it's still too early, there's a possible screening and Q&A in the works for the FX show in Orlando in October, as well as a few others... I'll try to keep everyone up to date as events and opportunities to see "Hunter Prey" reveal themselves...

SC

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

That really sucks Sandy. I am stoked that it will be released in Australian theatres and plan to go see it for sure...and get all my friends too as well. I guess that mehbe the Aussie industry understands a little more how hard it is to get independent films up and running, and that it is so worth the investment and helps the industry grow and stay fresh.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

looks like a great flock Sandy. definately will check it out in whatever form it becomes available in the states.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Sandy,

I can't believe Hunter Prey was not listed in the SIFF directory this year. I was disappointed on some of the movies that made it. A lot of local indy tripe just like last year and some from around the world. Not many Sci Fi flicks this year.
            I was so looking forward to seeing your movie. Will it be on netflix?
            If it gets distributed I will buy a copy to support another indy film maker.

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Cmonster
              There have been several festival screenings both in Europe and here in the states, and I've also sent DVD screeners to friends and select industry colleagues. Unfortunately however, I think a lot of people are downloading it illegally on the torrent sites. There's also bootleg DVD's floating around at some of the conventions and toy shows. Sadly, some of the corporate people and the investors involved in getting the US distribution deal finalized, don't recognize nor see the value in all the buzz, positive reviews and insatiable appetite for the film amongst sci-fi fans. In my personal opinion, the pirating of the film has been a direct result of their attitude. They simply refuse to acknowledge the fact that genre films like "Hunter Prey", that have no budget, no stars, and no US distribution deal, don't ever get the sheer amount of buzz and coverage we've gotten. All you've got to do is google "Hunter Prey"... It's not like it's hard to find. There's page and pages of interviews, pictures and feedback on the trailer. My pleas to them to get the film out to the hungry fans, still fall on deaf ears, simply prompting their usual response of; "You just don't understand. Selling a film to buyers is completely different from selling a film to the public... We weren't on the set, telling you how to direct the film, don't tell us how to sell it."

It's the age old battle of creative people against the corporate machine. They say that the US buyers and distributors aren't clamoring to buy the film, which may be true, but the fans are clamoring to SEE it. Somewhere, somehow, there's got to be a way to get this film distributed to the people who want it. I'm confident that will be figured out very soon, so stay tuned.

Although I can't promise anything yet, because it's still too early, there's a possible screening and Q&A in the works for the FX show in Orlando in October, as well as a few others... I'll try to keep everyone up to date as events and opportunities to see "Hunter Prey" reveal themselves...

SC
              Sorry to hear this Sandy, but I have faith you will succeed
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ironman1188
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 11, 2007

Any news on this yet?
                I just watched the trailer on youtube again, but.... I NEED MORE!!
                Is there anyway to see this whole film yet?

Sci-fi fan dying here!!
                Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Cmonster
                  Banned
                  • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by ironman1188
                  Any news on this yet?
                  I just watched the trailer on youtube again, but.... I NEED MORE!!
                  Is there anyway to see this whole film yet?

Sci-fi fan dying here!!
                  The DVD gets released on December 7th. You can pre-order on Amazon;

Amazon.com: Hunter Prey: Issac C. Singleton Jr., Clark Bartram, Damion Poitier, Simon Potter, Erin Gray, Sandy Collora: Movies more

However, if you MUST see it immediately, it's available On Demand from all the major cable companies. I believe it's still under new releases in the Sci Fi section. I recommend buying the DVD for the extensive behind the scenes documentary and director commentary, not available on demand.

SC

Comment

• ironman1188
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 11, 2007

WOW!!
                    Just finished watching Hunter Prey!!
                    Do I smell sequel?
                    And, is it just the POTA lovin' fan in me or did I catch a number of tips of the hat to Planet of the Apes?

Possible spoilers - read no further - be forewarned - possible spoilers

- the three astronauts trekking across the sand dunes
                    - the bearded human who speaks the aliens language
                    - the face off across the chasm
                    - the run down the slope and then under the boulder for shade
                    - the human - the last of his kind

Anyway, great work. Great job as the bounty hunter/soldier of fortune.
                    Now onto licensing the rights for 1:6 figures and accessories. [actually surprised there haven't been any yet]
                    How do we get you interested in filming a film version of the Terror story from Marvel's POTA magazine? I am convinced you would rock that out of the park!
                    Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Cmonster
                      I recommend buying the DVD for the extensive behind the scenes documentary and director commentary, not available on demand.

SC
                      And that is why - even tho I already have it on DVD (thanks again Sandy) - I am most definitely buying the official DVD. And to sponsor Sandy too of course

Originally posted by ironman1188
                      WOW!!
                      Just finished watching Hunter Prey!!
                      Do I smell sequel?
                      And, is it just the POTA lovin' fan in me or did I catch a number of tips of the hat to Planet of the Apes?
                      You're not alone, I also got that feeling after watching it. But then, Sandy is a big POTA fan after all
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Cmonster
                        Banned
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by Meule
                        You're not alone, I also got that feeling after watching it. But then, Sandy is a big POTA fan after all
                        Yes I certainly am, and I think it's important for any filmmaker to tip his hat to the films and filmmakers who've inspired him, in his own work. But this has been a very tough line to walk on this particular project since the very beginning... I knew going into making this film, that simply because of the barren, desolate nature of the opening of the movie, people would immediately get both the "Planet of the Apes" and the "Star Wars" feel from it. However, some critics who have seen the film, say the references, especially the ones to "Star Wars" (in relation to the design of the armored commandos), go too far. I guess it all depends on who's watching it and what they take from the film. It's a really hard line to walk with me because I'm such a hardcore fan of these films. It's always a battle between how original to make something conceptually or design wise, and how "familiar" or "inspired" to go with it... I guess that will always sort of haunt me when I'm making a movie... Time will tell.

SC
                        Last edited by Cmonster; Nov 9, '10, 3:17 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I liked it and will buy it on DVD next month. It's a great flick and it supports a pal.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎