• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Your picks ... Worst Doctor Who stories - per Doctor

List each Doctor's worst story -- in your opinion
    1 story per Doctor

My picks .....

1. Hartnell - The Gunfighters
    The music really killed this one for me.

2. Troughton - The Dominators
    This story was 4 episodes too long.

3. Pertwee - The Time Monster
    I just thought this story was really long and boring

4. Tom Baker - Warrior's Gate
    It's a chore just getting through this one to the end

5. Davison - Kinda
    This story kinda sucked

6. Colin - Revelation of the Daleks
    I usually like Dalek stories but this one was hard to sit through

7. McCoy - Time and the Rani
    Just plain nasty

9. Eccleston - The Long Game
    IMO, the weakest story of the Eccleston year.

10. Tennant - The Lazerus Experiment
    45 minutes of my life wasted watching this turkey

What's your picks ?
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Interesting since we've done the best now the worst.... I've see the recons and often I don't beleive a full video would change my opinion but I have to be fair just in case and exclude them

1. Hartnell - I also dislike the The Gunfighters (the ballad of the last chance saloon is awful) but I fond THE ARK even worse. My absolute least favorite hartnell gets a pass since it's mostly lost The Celstial toymaker

2. Troughton - there are so few surviving troughtons to choose from but as lame as Dominators is I find Krotons really unwatchable

3. Pertwee - The Time Monster - agreed and It shouldn't have been, benton, the master the time ram and all but the awful atlantis sequences
    I
    4. Tom Baker - Warrior's Gate I agree the whole 79-80 season is dreadful but Warriors is bad on so many levels

5. Davison - As bad as Kinda is I find it's follow-up Snakedance even worse but it's really close

6. Colin - Twin Dilemma - yes regeneration stories are usually lame (al;though I like the insane doctor stangles peri bit) but this one with the annoyong kids and slug is one I have hated since I first saw it (and I wasn't even a Davison fan)

7. McCoy - Greatest show in the galaxy

9. Eccleston - For me it was World war three (I hate the slitheen and yet they keep returning)

10. Tennant - Voyage of the Damned way too long and just silly with the titanic space liner
    Last edited by jds1911a1; Mar 31, '10, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Thor
      Thunder God
      • Dec 17, 2009

Isn't The Time Monster supposed to be released on DVD in the states soon?
      sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

^ Best Buy has it up for pre-order,so I guess the answer is yes.

Comment

• jds1911a1
          • Aug 8, 2007

for those who are interested classic Doctor who officially announced for 2010 releases (us dates listed UK are about a month earlier)
          May 2010
          The Curse of Peladon
          The Masque of Mandragora
          The Monster of Peladon
          July 2010
          The Space Museum / The Chase
          The Horns of Nimon
          Time Monster
          Underworld
          shceduled for UK release in 2010 but no us release date issued
          may 2010 UK
          The Creature from the Pit
          Jun 2010 UK
          Kamelion collection - The King's Demons / Planet of Fire
          Sep 2010
          Time and The Rani

and finally a rumored release for the uk in Nov 2010
          Revenge of the Cybermen / Silver Nemesis

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I hate to say it but that whole list is kind of mediocre.

Comment

• jds1911a1
              • Aug 8, 2007

I agree for the most part
              I really like these ones
              Monster and Curse of Peladon (Jon sings the agador lullaby, the giant eye from alpha centauri, david troughton as the king, and ice warriors

Space museum is really boring, I like the chase but it's a mindless story but of the hartnell's that are complete and not on dvd yet it's the best of the bunch --i wish they would bring back the mechanoids in the new show though like they did for the Macra.

Time Monster - why not Day of the Daleks or death to the daleks or if they wanted a master episode Colony in space

revenge of the cybermen is a lame duck cyberman story and there are plot holes you can drive a tank through (ie why do the cybermen need humans to go to voga when they transmat themselves there later if gold kills them)

and the pick 2 stories with the worst effects Horns of Nimon and creature from the pit (which both are cited as examples of why JNT wanted to revamp the show when he took over), why not Face of Evil or Sun Makers they are much better stories and the effects aren't as lame, even Meglos is better and I hate the maroon coat

King's demons - my god did JNT love putting Anthony ainley in bad makeup & latex masks (Keeper of traken, castrovalva, time flight, this one, Survival
              planet of fire - eh well Nicola looks good in the bikini and the davisons that are left are pretty lame overall (awakening, frontios, Kinda, & Snakedance)

Time and the Rani - I would rather have seen them do Dragonfire for a Mccoy

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I really like these ones
                Monster and Curse of Peladon (Jon sings the agador lullaby, the giant eye from alpha centauri, david troughton as the king, and ice warriors

I kind of agree ... What threw me off was I had my hopes set on Planet of the Spiders (I heard rumors it might be released this year.

Space museum is really boring, I like the chase but it's a mindless story but of the hartnell's that are complete and not on dvd yet it's the best of the bunch --i wish they would bring back the mechanoids in the new show though like they did for the Macra.

The Chase seemed to go on and on forever and ever
                Seemed to take them so long just to get off that first planet.

Time Monster - why not Day of the Daleks or death to the daleks or if they wanted a master episode Colony in space

Also, Terror of the Autons, The Daemons or Mind of Evil --- Color that damn Mind of Evil and be done with it already

revenge of the cybermen is a lame duck cyberman story and there are plot holes you can drive a tank through (ie why do the cybermen need humans to go to voga when they transmat themselves there later if gold kills them)

My problem with Revenge isn't so much the plot holes but how slowly it moves.
                I can live with an story with a million plot holes just so long as it entertains me instead of bores me.

and the pick 2 stories with the worst effects Horns of Nimon and creature from the pit (which both are cited as examples of why JNT wanted to revamp the show when he took over), why not Face of Evil or Sun Makers they are much better stories and the effects aren't as lame, even Meglos is better and I hate the maroon coat

I don't mind Horns just for the line "weakling scum !!!"

King's demons - my god did JNT love putting Anthony ainley in bad makeup & latex masks (Keeper of traken, castrovalva, time flight, this one, Survival
                planet of fire - eh well Nicola looks good in the bikini and the davisons that are left are pretty lame overall (awakening, frontios, Kinda, & Snakedance)

BBC-Video is running out of Davisons and unfortunately mostly only crap is left to release.
                Planet of Fire was ok but the story is kind of hard to follow until you see it a few times.

Time and the Rani - I would rather have seen them do Dragonfire for a Mccoy

Guilty pleasure alert ... One of my favorite McCoy's is Paradise Towers
                Last edited by Mikey; Apr 1, '10, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Actually all these pertwee's have to be color corrected/remastered (using the reverse NTSC re-conversion process so they may cost a bit more than a standard pertwee - Terror of the Autons, The Daemons , The Mutants, Colony in Space,
                  If the dalek war sells well we may see Invasion of the dinosaurs in a year or so
                  I suspect it will be a very long time before we see Mind of Evil or ambasadors of death since they are mostly B/W prints -

You're right Revnege PLods along it could have been a 2 parter I prefer all these Tom Baker ones over the 3 possible releases this year
                  Terror of the Zygons, Android Invasion, Seeds of Doom, face of Evil, Sun makers

I also like paradise towers as a guilty pleasure if only for the 2 old ladies where I hate Happiness Patrol and it's almost the same story go figure
                  Last edited by jds1911a1; Apr 1, '10, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎