X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!

That was the most intense episode ever. Sayid! Oof, ok, Smokie/Man in Black may have a point, but he is a murderous *******.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
      WANTED for card bending
      • Apr 26, 2008

Jack and Hurley had better watch their bee-hinds. Aaron was not supposed to be raised by another or "an OTHER" which is why more than likely he will be the one to fill Jacob's uhhh sandals? and where was Sawyer???

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Where's Sawyer, where's Jin?

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
          WANTED for card bending
          • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by MegoScott
          Jin I can understand not being at the temple yet, but Sawyer was with "Locke"

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
            WANTED for card bending
            • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
            There must be some connection between the two realities. They made a point about jack's scar that he had sewn up on the island and he couldn't remember "getting his appendix out".
            Rich
            Bingo, finally someone else realized, their conciences are in two places, and their "soul" occasionally drifts between them.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!
              You got that right! You know I've been afraid of Claire since her return...But I've gotta say that Badass Sayid TERRIFIED me! I hope that there is some redemption for some of these characters who are apparently going over to the darkside....Otherwise it's gonna be a freakin' massacre at the end methinks.

Who's left on the "good guys"? Jack, Hurley, Miles, Ilana, Frank, Sun and.....gulp, Ben?! Wouldn't it be ironic if Ben turns out to be a big hero in all of this?

The deck seems stacked against our heroes...after all, MIB/Locke has a pretty powerful bad side in ol' Smokey. The good guys, apparently, don't have anything to counter that except for creepy mysterioso Jacob who hasn't been exactly forthcoming in details about what the heck is going on....

12 episodes left but I'm already fearing the worst....
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Jin's still crapping his pants after dealing with psycho Claire last week
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                  WANTED for card bending
                  • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  You got that right! You know I've been afraid of Claire since her return...But I've gotta say that Badass Sayid TERRIFIED me! I hope that there is some redemption for some of these characters who are apparently going over to the darkside....Otherwise it's gonna be a freakin' massacre at the end methinks.

Who's left on the "good guys"? Jack, Hurley, Miles, Ilana, Frank, Sun and.....gulp, Ben?! Wouldn't it be ironic if Ben turns out to be a big hero in all of this?

The deck seems stacked against our heroes...after all, MIB/Locke has a pretty powerful bad side in ol' Smokey. The good guys, apparently, don't have anything to counter that except for creepy mysterioso Jacob who hasn't been exactly forthcoming in details about what the heck is going on....

12 episodes left but I'm already fearing the worst....
                  "he who lies in the shadow of the statue shall save us all"

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Where's Sawyer
                    Busy shooting another ep

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Ok, it's been awhile. How awesome was last night's Richard Alpert episode? I wanted a lot more from it, but it was still pretty great. The shot of the statue in the storm was very cool.

Odd Mego sighting: Listening to Jorge Garcia's podcast, he randomly mentions 2XL...lol. Geronimo Jack's Beard

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

Ok, it's been awhile. How awesome was last night's Richard Alpert episode? I wanted a lot more from it, but it was still pretty great. The shot of the statue in the storm was very cool.

Odd Mego sighting: Listening to Jorge Garcia's podcast, he randomly mentions 2XL...lol. Geronimo Jack's Beard
                        I thought it was pretty good. But less for the story of Richard and more that it finally ties together so much of what we've seen - the fact that the Others insist that everyone must choose of their own free will and an explanation of what exactly the island is and Jacob and MIB's (and Richard's) roles on it. Finally, we have more an idea of *** is going on. I hope we get to find out how Jacob and MIB got to the island and became who they were as well.

One thing that confuses me is that MIB seems to so far be a responsible leader, despite the fact that he's manipulative and been shown to outright lie to get what he wants. I'm curious as to why he outright kills so many yet lets others live.

And Jacob was a lot more hands on back in the day with the self-defense. He seems to have mellowed out now. Plus his relationships and dialogs with Hurley and Elana seem to show that he isn't just a freewill will win out without his direct influence kind of guy, though that's his philosphy.

Now that we're seeing so much more of Jacob and MIB, their figures are starting to appeal to me more.

Oh, and the name of the guy who owned the Black Rock - Magnus Hanso - turns out to be the Great Grandfather of Alvar Hanso, one of the founders of the Dharma Initiative. Hm.

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

Smokie seems to spare people who have some use. He scanned Richard to find what he can use to manipulate him--Isabella--who he then impersonated. Same with Locke when he first scanned him and then Eko who was scanned, then manipulated, then finally killed when he wouldn't cooperate.

Yeah, Magnus Hanso was mentioned when Widmore bought the ship's log of the Black Rock in that auction awhile back.
                          Last edited by megoscott; Mar 24, '10, 4:15 PM.

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

It's interesting--someone was mentioning that maybe the reason the monster killed the pilot in Season 1 was that he wasn't Lapides, who was supposed to be the pilot but slept in.

Comment

• spamn
                              Minty and All-Original!
                              • Mar 28, 2002

In other news, I'm astonished that the board censoring software feels the need to star out W_T_F.

Comment

• z3zep
                                The Girl Next Door
                                • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by spamn
                                One thing that confuses me is that MIB seems to so far be a responsible leader, despite the fact that he's manipulative and been shown to outright lie to get what he wants. I'm curious as to why he outright kills so many yet lets others live.
                                I agree, it doesn't seem to make much sense. I am sure he could fine something to try to manipulate in almost anyone.

Why does Jacob allow the smoke monster to kill people at will (except for candidates)?

If only people that Jacob brings to the island can come to the island, then did he invite the Darma initiative?

I had thought for a while that the island was the gate to hell -- I was hoping it was something more......

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎