X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
    Jack's never mentioned seeing his dead father repeatedly...

And yeah, we can't trust anything MIB says. He's playing Sawyer--but is Sawyer playing him now?
    Jack is a big culprit in playing things close to the vest

For some reason I think MIB might be finding himself on the other end of a long con courtesy of Sawyer....the ultimate con to end all cons.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, the guy at EW mentioned the long con, it got me really excited. Sawyer rocks.

How great was Locke's funeral? Best eulogy ever.

I'm digging slick Hurley in the sideways world.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

All of these differences in the characters in the Sideways universe has me thinking...were their lives so f'ed up in the regular universe because Jacob touched their lives? If that's the case, maybe it was a good thing the island was destroyed in that time-line.....The seem to be doing quite well for themselves in the Sideways world without his interference.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
          Sawyer rocks.
          Yeah I can't see James going down without a fight!

Comment

• z3zep
            The Girl Next Door
            • Sep 30, 2006

So in the "sideways" flashes -- I guess John Locke's father didn't throw him out of the window? Helen said she wanted to have a small wedding with her parents and John's father. So how did he become paralyzed? In the old past -- Helen and John were no longer a couple when he went to Australia.

So, their pasts are different too? Not just the time after the plane (not crashing on the island). Yet they all went to Australia?

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by z3zep
              So in the "sideways" flashes -- I guess John Locke's father didn't throw him out of the window? Helen said she wanted to have a small wedding with her parents and John's father. So how did he become paralyzed? In the old past -- Helen and John were no longer a couple when he went to Australia.
              Right...and John's spinal injury occured AFTER he broke up with Helen (because he was obsessed with his father). So he must have been injured under different circumstances.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                Removed.
                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                ...wouldn't it be something if Jacob was the bad guy and MIB was the hero? What a twist that would be.....
                I've actually thought about that, too.
                It's not like they've given us enough info to know one way or the other who is the bad one.
                Wasn't it said somewhere that the Devil will wear an appealing disguise or something like that?
                They do seem to be "good & evil" (God/Devil) charcaters.
                I'm also waiting to hear where that pirate ship fits in all this. Was that the ship that brought MIB and Jacob to the island? Was it the ship they showed on last season's finale that was approaching the island?
                Rich

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                  Removed.
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Right...and John's spinal injury occured AFTER he broke up with Helen (because he was obsessed with his father). So he must have been injured under different circumstances.
                  You sure about that? That doesn't make sense to me then since isn't the whole point (of the sideways flash) supposed to be what happened if the plane didn't crash? Not what happened before that. Then again maybe since the island was now sunk (in the 70's??), Jacob didn't visit all the people...oh my head hurts.
                  Rich

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                    I'm also waiting to hear where that pirate ship fits in all this. Was that the ship that brought MIB and Jacob to the island? Was it the ship they showed on last season's finale that was approaching the island?
                    My guess would be that was indeed the Black Rock coming to the island that was show in the last episode of Season 5. In addition, the Black Rock was transporting slaves....MIB/Locke said to Richard it was good to see him out of chains, so I'm guessing that Richard/Ricardus was one of the slaves on the Black Rock. Richard is getting his own episode very shortly so hopefully secrets will be revealed....

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                      You sure about that? That doesn't make sense to me then since isn't the whole point (of the sideways flash) supposed to be what happened if the plane didn't crash? Not what happened before that. Then again maybe since the island was now sunk (in the 70's??), Jacob didn't visit all the people...
                      If I remember correctly Helen dumped Locke because he was obsessed with his father, Anthony Cooper, after Cooper tricked him out of his kidney. Cooper went away but resurfaced and was going to marry some woman for her money. Locke found out and tried to stop him and was pushed out of the window for his efforts.

The sideways views aren't just what happened if the plane didn't crash...it's also what happened as the result of the Jughead bomb blowing up and sinking the island in 1977 (and as a result, the plane didn't crash). So far it appears that with the island sinking in '77, the lives of the 815ers weren't influenced by Jacob because he wasn't around to do so...apparently.

So Sideways Locke is happy with Helen, Hurley thinks he's the luckiest guy on earth and apparently coming up we'll see Sawyer on the right side of the law...

Comment

• z3zep
                        The Girl Next Door
                        • Sep 30, 2006

When did James' father kill his mother? wasn't it before 1977?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

^ When James was back with the Dharma Initiative (74-77), he commented that if he left the island on the sub, he could go back and prevent it from happening. So it was at some point in those 3 years, I don't recall...

So in theory, if Anthony Cooper isn't such a badguy in the Sideways universe (he seems to have a better relationship with his son Locke....that's what I base it on), then perhaps he wasn't responsible for conning James' parents which resulted in their death.
                          And maybe that's why James has a better relationship with the law. We should see if this plays out soon enough because Sawyer is scheduled for a flash in a few episodes....

Comment

• z3zep
                            The Girl Next Door
                            • Sep 30, 2006

So far I am not liking the "alternate reality", ala Fringe.

But I will let it play out.

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

I'm surprised how much I am enjoying it. All the glimpses of their other lives and teh subtle differences are interesting to me. They promise it will tie together really well.
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by z3zep
                                So far I am not liking the "alternate reality", ala Fringe.

But I will let it play out.
                                I'm just trying to figure out if it actually has anything to do with the plot of the show or if it's just "filler" stuff and means nothing come the end of the show.

Also the "pop-up" episodes are a treasure-trove of trivia and information.
                                I rewatch all those as well.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎