Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Evans
    Career Member
    • Jun 19, 2001

I thought S5 was one of the best seasons of any tv series, EVER. It really raised the bar for me and my expectations were high.

I really looked forward to S6. But from the first episode, I just wasn't feeling it. The sideways just didn't do it for me and I found myself losing interest as I saw more stories of the same old characters. My son and I talked about it every Wednesday morning as I drove him to school. I loved seeing Sayid kicking butt in SW, but even that was a bit dull like we'd seen it all before.

Eh, whatever.

As for my Twin Peaks comparison...

I often heard people say "I wish they'd hurry up and tell us who killed Laura Palmer", so there was some grumbling about the writers. But when it was canceled, no one really blasted them. (Maybe 'cause no one was watching anymore, anyway, LOL!?)

I'm not saying that I WANTED Lost canceled after season 3 or 4. I'm just saying that if it had been canceled, then no one would have blasted the writers for not resolving things. People probably would have blamed poor ratings for killing the show before the mysteries were revealed.
    "They say no man can resist them."

Comment

• kept back
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 2, 2002

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere at the Museum. Thought it really summed up the show nicely...

Idiot's Guide to Lost - E! Online
      Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

^ That sums it up I guess
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

That was great, thanks.

Once I get through this cycle (not unlike the grief cycle perhaps? Hmmm. ) I'll move into the Light and love this imperfect show forever.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

They reshowed the finale tonight (with the captions like they usually do with the repeats) and then the Kimmel show....

Comment

• z3zep
              The Girl Next Door
              • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              They reshowed the finale tonight (with the captions like they usually do with the repeats) and then the Kimmel show....
              Dang -- I didn't know about it! I would have watched it.

Any interesting insights from the pop-up?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by z3zep
                Dang -- I didn't know about it! I would have watched it.

Any interesting insights from the pop-up?
                Not that I recall....mostly I noticed it referenced when scenes mirrored others from previous episodes/seasons.

Comment

• tinkerbeee
                  Museum Patron
                  • Dec 13, 2009

Just spent a bunch of time reading other posts and some great thoughts and opinions were posted. I have had time to think about everything and let everything sink in. Plain and simple, the finale did not suck. It was well done, showcased a tour de force performance from Matthew Fox( he gave us the old Braveheart ending....it was so good it is hard to watch again) and ultimately did the series justice in a way. However after thinking about the entire story and how it interacted with the endgame we now know, it also fails in some ways. Not because it didnt answer the little easter eggs and mysteries either because I can live with that. Most of the show we were given science and we ended up getting faith at the end but I dont think the writers intended for it to be so one sided. I think it was always supposed to be science vs faith as evidenced by the early Jack and Locke confrontations....man of faith vs man of science and Locke and Walt....one side light, one side dark. I truly believe Walt's growth spurt and Eko leaving them in the lurch affected the writing at that point and they switched gears slightly as they were intended to give us more of the spiritual or supernatural side. There is just no way they had everything with MIB worked out all along because in going back and thinking about the story that is the one part of it that just has too many things that don't add up. I mean knowing what he wanted to do....then why on day 1 would he just take out a jet pilot who would be a guy capable of helping him get off the place(and dont tell me he didnt know who the guy wearing a pilots uniform was). He did it again too, when Ben "called" him and he takes out the people that came on a giant boat. Why not approach them and try to get them to help since they are the people with the boat. Probably the best thing to do is just not to think about all MIB's actions because there are just too many times when they dont add up. I personally think that the Purgatory world could have been shown in a few episodes and they could have spent more of season 6 on Jacob and MIB which would have set the tone more for the final confrontations and blended into the "faith" ending better. Again, I am not talking about answering silly little things like the lighthouse and the cabin because those are cool the way they are(as somewhat of a mystery). More framework and storytelling about them would have made it stronger. So ultimately good wrap-up(I was just hoping it would be BSG great). Well anyhoo I have said my peace and I am ready to let go........

P.S. Matthew Fox has passed the test, lets get that guy in some more movies!

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                    WANTED for card bending
                    • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by tinkerbeee

P.S. Matthew Fox has passed the test, lets get that guy in some more movies!
                    He was great in both Vantage Point and Speed Racer, so yeah get this guy a good movie. He would have made a much better young Jack Ryan than Ben Affleck....

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                      Career Member
                      • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                      * If, after MIB died in the cave (we saw his skeleton) he became a smoke monster...,
                      I know you posted this like a week ago but..
                      That skeleton in the "heart of the island" cave could not have been MIB's skeleton. MIB's skeleton was with his "adopted" mother's bones ("Adam & Eve") in the Season 1 cave. Am I wrong here?

My own conundrum:
                      Regarding "Why They Died", the Jacob flashback episode, Why did the Island need a guardian/protector before Jacob created Smokie? (And for that matter after Smokie was defeated?)

BTW The guardian/protector role can't be a simply GOOD role (as in opposing EVIL) after all when Jacob/MIB's adopted Mom (Allison Janney) murdered their birth mother and later the other island castaway's to prevent MIB's leaving. And how did she kill a whole village alone? It was speculated that she had Smokie powers but how could she have these powers if she was the protector/guardian ie the GOOD role?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

I think "Mother" was both....She was a little bit Smokey and a little bit Rock N Roll...I mean Jacobian

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

why on day 1 would he just take out a jet pilot who would be a guy capable of helping him get off the place(and dont tell me he didnt know who the guy wearing a pilots uniform was). He did it again too, when Ben "called" him and he takes out the people that came on a giant boat. Why not approach them and try to get them to help since they are the people with the boat
                          I think MIB could not leave at those points because Jacob was still alive. he needed to stop them from getting everyone else off the island until he could get Jacob killed and then worry about how to actually get off the island

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                            Career Member
                            • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            I think "Mother" was both....She was a little bit Smokey and a little bit Rock N Roll...I mean Jacobian
                            So [we're guessing, as with much else] when she told Jacob to never enter the "heart of the island" cave, saying what would happen would be "terrible", she spoke from experience.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

^ Yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe the Guardian/Smoke Monster was always supposed to be one person. But when the twins arrived, "mother" saw a way to have two people split the job. Cause I think it's strange that the Smoke Monster was often referred to as the island's security system and yet supposedly he's the island's worse enemy.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                                Permanent Member
                                • Dec 18, 2008

wow this is my first post on this. I could not watch from week to week to we recorded every episode then did a cram session watching them over a 4 day period.
                                I have to say i did enjoy the final season. I will miss this show.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎