X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by number 6
    Really? I mean, isn't this basically the plot line for all of the Terminator movies? And First Contact? And an episode of the Super Friends?

No...in Terminator(and First Contact)...History was put right! But that isn't going to happen with this Star Trek Movie. They're going to create an Alternate Star Trek Universe(Timeline)...thus solving many of the Continuity Issue's that would drive Fan's Mad! Such as: Spock is now going to meet Kirk...Year's before He actually did.

I know this will also, upset a lot of Fan's...but will solve ALL the continuity Problem's.
    sigpic

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

I don't know about the authenticity of this information. For one thing, Tom Cruise and Paramount broke thier relationship some time ago.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• number 6
        Village Idiot
        • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
        No...in Terminator(and First Contact)...History was put right! But that isn't going to happen with this Star Trek Movie. They're going to create an Alternate Star Trek Universe(Timeline)...thus solving many of the Continuity Issue's that would drive Fan's Mad! Such as: Spock is now going to meet Kirk...Year's before He actually did.

I know this will also, upset a lot of Fan's...but will solve ALL the continuity Problem's.
        Sorry, I misunderstood what your "inspired idea" comment was refering to.

I have to admit, I'm not crazy about this idea though. Not that I'm a huge continuity buff, I just think the time-travel thing is kinda played out.

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

The Tom Cruise thing threw me to. On the other hand JJ did MI3, and he is apparently good friends with Cruise.

I should also note, I found this storyline spoiler on AICN, who arent known for their accuracy sometimes. I usually wait until I hear it confirmed on a more credible site like Dark Horizons, but I thought it an interesting enough rumor, that I posted it here to see what kind of reaction it gets. I thought it was a little goofy myself, but the more you look at it, and the established facts of the film....well, the more plausible this rumor becomes.
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• megomaniac
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 10, 2006

I am really starting to HATE time travel episodes and movies. Talk about overused....

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Looks like Eric Banna is going to play the Romulan Baddie(Nero)...Russell Crowe turned it down.
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Well thank heaven it's still an Australian playing him! I don't get it, the Enterprise crew had almost never seen a Romulan before TOS, how does this work?
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Well thank heaven it's still an Australian playing him! I don't get it, the Enterprise crew had almost never seen a Romulan before TOS, how does this work?

Nero is traveling back in time to kill Kirk(because the Romulan's see Earth, as a large part of thier problem's...and who has saved Earth more times then Captain Kirk). This Storyline is picking up from the Next Generation, "Reunification Episode"...where Spock is still on Romulus. Spock learns of this plot...and travels back in time to warn His younger Self.
                  Last edited by The Bat; Oct 10, '07, 7:28 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

I can see it now for 2 hours, Russell Crow beats up everybody in the tranporter room and throws a tricorder at Uhura.And Cruise Jumps up and down on the Captain's Chair.

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by AAAAA
                      I can see it now for 2 hours, Russell Crow beats up everybody in the tranporter room and throws a tricorder at Uhura.And Cruise Jumps up and down on the Captain's Chair.
                      Ya know.....I think I would pay to see that!
                      ---Especially if a insanely angry and jealous Shatner bursts in mid scene and beats the crap out of "young Kirk"!

Seriously though, it looks like this rumored story line is the real deal, as all of the recent rumors and casting decisions support it. The only real question in my mind yet is "will the new movie still tie into continuity, or use this as a jumping off point for a reworking?" I mean, its still possible, being time travel, that all the damage can be repaired to the established time line by films end, ala Superman, and multiple Trek episodes. Maybe the team of Spocks are the only ones who really know whats going on, and the only ones to confront the Romulans?(...Nimoy et al have said this is predominantly a Spock movie)
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎