Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hastings loves pota fans

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hawkmike
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2003

Hastings loves pota fans

last weekend i picked up the movie effects and screen play a $30 book for $3.50 wasn't a big fan of the remake but put the book with the others in my pota book collection,
    wanted mego arch reactor
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

The only good thing about the new Star Trek movie is it didnt do what the Planet of the apes relaunch did. Kill a series forever.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Screw you Burton!!! Grrrr.....

You will never be forgiven.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

Last night I read Pierre Boulle's 1968 sequel script called "Planet of the Men" and it actually made me feel that Dr Zaius was right in wanting to do away with Taylor.

I've really been on an Apes kick lately. I'm currently reading the 1970's Planet of the Apes comics from the UK.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

Man read the Pierre Boulle book! Couple of silly parts ( tapping into human racial memory like a tape recorder) but it explains why the society was set up the way it did AND why it was stagnant.

Also they kinda took the plot and stretched it out to make teh original five films.

Are teh UK books colorized reprints of the 70s black and white US magazine?

Originally posted by DocDrako
          Last night I read Pierre Boulle's 1968 sequel script called "Planet of the Men" and it actually made me feel that Dr Zaius was right in wanting to do away with Taylor.

I've really been on an Apes kick lately. I'm currently reading the 1970's Planet of the Apes comics from the UK.

Comment

• DocDrako
            Formerly Doc Drako
            • Nov 11, 2004

Originally posted by TrueDave
            Man read the Pierre Boulle book! Couple of silly parts ( tapping into human racial memory like a tape recorder) but it explains why the society was set up the way it did AND why it was stagnant.

Also they kinda took the plot and stretched it out to make teh original five films.

Are teh UK books colorized reprints of the 70s black and white US magazine?
            I have read the Pierre Boulle book but it's been awhile. I believe the last line of the book is, 'He was an ape'. The UK books are in black and white. Maybe they're the same as the US ones? I don't know because I've never seen the US ones.

I was just reading the concept for the TV Series and the astronauts are named Alan Virdon and Stan Kovak. The final script for the first episode, dated 6-25-1974 has them listed as Alan Virdon and Ed Rowak. Revised script from 7-3-1974 lists Kovak/Rowak as Pete Burke. Apparently Urko was previously Urso/Ursus. I'm sure all the Ape fans here are like, "No s**t, Sherlock." but I never knew these facts.

EDIT: I have to apologize because I just realized that I've been hijacking this thread. Won't happen again.
            "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎