X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

2010 looks to be busy

Was just over to Amazon and they have the following Doctor Who titles listed for coming soon to DVD:

The Ark
    Revenge of the Cybermen
    The Sun Makers
    The Masque of Mandragora
    Face of Evil
    The Creature from the Pit
    Terror of the Zygons
    Nightmare of Eden
    Shada
    Underworld
    Horns of Nimon
    Meglos
    and all of Season 24.

Doesn't give dates,just says to sign up for e-mail alerts on when they're coming out.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I think i've heard Planet of the Spiders is suppose to be released this year too ... also the Peladon stories and the Dalek Wars stories

Out of this list above, i'm most excited about The Face of Evil

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

JW I think you can search for almost any classic Who story and find one of those links
      While it is likely we will see season 24 completed soon because it's a low expense release for the bbc Time and the Rani is confirmed for 2010 and Delta is already out leaving Paradise Towers and Dragonfire (the whole Mccoy era is shot on betacam tape which was all converted to digital a few years ago)
      I am pretty plugged in and even in the UK the announced releases through JUL don't inlcude many of the titles you listed. here is what I know of for the UK this year so far (assume 2-3 months later for US releases)

confirmed on amz uk
      Peladon tales - The Curse of Peladon / The Monster of Peladon Jan 2010
      Kamelion collection - The King's Demons / Planet of Fire Jan 2010
      Time and The Rani Mar 2010
      The Masque of Mandragora Apr 2010
      Myths and legends - The Time Monster, Underworld & The Horns of Nimon Jun 2010

reported but not confirmed on BBC retail or amz uk
      Space museum and The Chase Mar 2010
      The Dominators Mar 2010
      Revenge of the Cybermen / Silver Nemesis May 2010

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Yay on the Peladon stuff but the "Kamelion Collection?" why celebrate that character? They introduced him, then just shoved him in the garage.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I was never a fan of Kamelion, but strangely I like most of his era stories ... Planet of Fire, The Kings Demons and Frontios ...

Comment

• jds1911a1
            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
            Yay on the Peladon stuff but the "Kamelion Collection?" why celebrate that character? They introduced him, then just shoved him in the garage.
            since he only apears in the 2 stories (and the BBC LOVES the trumped up box set) out it comes. it doesn't hurt that it both were shot entirely on video so the remasering is way cheaper than a 70's story. I suspect they have padded the shot on videos in to offset the costs of the hartnell stories. Chase has a clip of the beatles that either they had to pay for (which they did not do for bealtes audio trackes in remembrance of he Daleks) or digitally replace with some other music group. Both options are costly. Both episodes have to be vidfired and remastered for sound from 35mm telecin prints
            Last edited by jds1911a1; Dec 21, '09, 1:11 PM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey01
              I was never a fan of Kamelion, but strangely I like most of his era stories ... Planet of Fire, The Kings Demons and Frontios ...
              It's when Davison's doctor stops acting pathetic and stands up for himself. in the first Davison season the companions seem to be able to solve everything without the Doctor

Comment

• jds1911a1
                • Aug 8, 2007

Space museum and The Chase box set is now confirmed on the BBC SHOP site but release date is not
                "Doctor Who" Doctor Who: The Space Museum/The Chase (DVD) at BBC Shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎