HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Star Wars: The Acolyte (Disney+)

Trailer:
    PUNY HUMANS!
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

The Acolyte is set at the end of the High Republic era in a world of "shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers", approximately 100 years before Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999). A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.

th (11) (14).jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

the trailer looks awesome. hopefully the show is as good as it looks

Comment

• KnightDetective
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 31, 2012

No good or evil, just power and who gets to regulate its use? Sounds like a Sith propaganda reel to me, hee, hee!

It's just a show, so I'm not angry or anything but is this really Star Wars? That blood-smeared poster and its upside-down tag line perfectly encapsulate why modern "adult" genre projects based on my childhood favorites often make me sad. I guess I'm just too old fashioned. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be excited, though!

Y'all enjoy. I'll be over here reading Han Solo at Star's End and trying to find my way back home from this bloodthirsty, grimdark alternate universe I seem to have stumbled into.

Let me know how it turns out.

(Again, no drama intended, other viewpoints welcome! It's just, well, that poster and some interview clips set me right off and I had no one to vent to. Sorry, y'all done and got drafted! Thank you for your service.)​

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I don't think this looks bad at all, but if you told me this was produced by some creative fans mixing existing footage with a few new shots, I would have believed you.

I think I'm just Jedi-ed out. It's why I ended up enjoying the first season of Mando and Andor so much.
          sigpic

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

I agree, this doesn't look bad, and I hope it's good. With that, I told my son I'm tried of Jedi stuff too. Not everything has to be around that.

That's why Mando and Andor was so good.

Also if you guys haven't been watching the animated Batch Batch series, you're missing some pretty good stuff there!
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

yes, Bad Batch is very good. too bad this is the final season. i am not tired of Jedi stuff. i think having a show set so far back opens some fresh ground

Comment

• KnightDetective
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 31, 2012

Well, they must feel good about the show's chances! Entertainment Earth has a selection of items in two scales for preorder. They even sprang for cloth goods on some of the figures!

Whether or not I'm interested in the show, I would happily buy a nice figure or two, if it weren't for those crazy prices! Kids must need at least a couple of good side hustles these days!

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by KnightDetective
                  Well, they must feel good about the show's chances! Entertainment Earth has a selection of items in two scales for preorder. They even sprang for cloth goods on some of the figures!

Whether or not I'm interested in the show, I would happily buy a nice figure or two, if it weren't for those crazy prices! Kids must need at least a couple of good side hustles these days!
                  Most toys aren't for kids these days, they are for adult collectors with discretionary incomes. Toys targeted at kids are still affordable, they're just not sold at places like Entertainment Earth or Big Bad Toy Store..

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• KnightDetective
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by MRP

Most toys aren't for kids these days, they are for adult collectors with discretionary incomes.
                    Well yeah, I know.

I was just trying to make a funny rather than launch into another silly rant. Already being offered senior discounts and I still have yet to nail down this "maturity" thing!

My apologies for veering off topic.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎