• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes

Kingdom-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-poster.jpg
    Director Wes Ball breathes new life into the global, epic franchise set several generations in the future following Caesar’s reign, in which apes are the dominant species living harmoniously and humans have been reduced to living in the shadows. As a new tyrannical ape leader builds his empire, one young ape undertakes a harrowing journey that will cause him to question all that he has known about the past and to make choices that will define a future for apes and humans alike.

“Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” is directed by Wes Ball (the “Maze Runner” trilogy) and stars Owen Teague (“IT”), Freya Allan (“The Witcher”), Kevin Durand (“Locke & Key”), Peter Macon (“Shameless”), and William H. Macy (“Fargo”). The screenplay is by Josh Friedman (“War of the Worlds”) and Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver (“Avatar: The Way of Water”) and Patrick Aison (“Prey”), based on characters created by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver, and the producers are Wes Ball, Joe Hartwick, Jr., p.g.a. (“The Maze Runner”), Rick Jaffa, p.g.a., Amanda Silver, p.g.a., Jason Reed, p.g.a. (“Mulan”), with Peter Chernin (the “Planet of the Apes” trilogy) and Jenno Topping (“Ford v. Ferrari”) serving as executive producers.

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

My feeling on modern special effects movies like this is, if all the sets are CGI and all the characters are CGI it's not really live action anymore. It's getting to point we will soon have all the actors replaced by CGI cartoon characters. Call these movies what they are, they are cartoons.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      based on characters created by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver
      That's one thing that irks me in regard to these new films, that they (Rick & Amanda) are being credited as "creating" the characters. Sure, they may have created the specific characters in these films, however, these new films don't acknowledge Pierre Boulle *at all* and that it is/was *his* concept.

Everything from the 1968 film up to the 'Return' series gave Boulle his due credit, as a matter of fact, I think even the Burton abomination gave him credit. Rick & Amanda created nothing new as far as the basic concept itself goes.
      Last edited by apes3978; Feb 17, '24, 4:54 PM.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Looks awesome to me. I have enjoyed all these new CGI Apes movies. The expressions on the characters are getting better by the minute, I’m in…
        sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
          Creature Of The Night
          • May 14, 2011

I wasn't overly thrilled with the first reboot move ("Rise" I think), the apes were not very convincing and it was nearly impossible for me to suspend my disbelief. The second one was a little better, and I was able to somewhat enjoy it. The effects were a lot better in the third one, but I didn't really like the movie overall.

This installment looks amazing, and I'm really looking forward to diving into the Kingdom!!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎