X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Concept Art for GI Joe Adventure Team Cartoon

Concept art for an unmade, kid-friendly take on the classic G.I. Joe franchise has finally been revealed.

Apparently about 15 years ago, there was a thought to bridge the gap between the 70s AT and the 80s RAH Joe eras. I can see it. And the AT patch looks great on these guys
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh that would have been fun to see.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Why do I think the internet would have blown up with the Baroness as a teenaged European boarding school intern of Destro’s MARS corp?

kind of a mix of the old RAH cartoons and AT Viewmaster and Power Records Adventures and the mini comics from the AT sets with some Rescue Heroes design style and Captain Planet. I feel like we might have missed something good here
      Last edited by Megotastrophe; Jan 10, '24, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I'll never understand the thinking at Hasbro.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          I'll never understand the thinking at Hasbro.
          That they thought of this or passed on it?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

They don't seem to make good choices for this property.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

The headline from CBR says unmade GI JOE cartoon concept art but really just sounds like a sales pitch that didn't get anywhere. I'm sure Hasbro gets tons of pitches for various properties. I think we dodged a bullet there to be honest and yeah, the schoolgirl Baroness idea is pretty cringy.

Since the RAH cartoon Hasbro hasn't really gotten it right with GI JOE cartoons. The Spy Troops/Valor vs Venom stuff was probably the closest and they weren't great. The character designs of Renegades were poor and Resolute was way too dark. Sigma 6 was a vaguely GI JOE anime. The three live action movies were also all terrible. It shouldn't be this hard. The original RAH cartoon intro pretty much sets up all you need to know.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Agreed, it seems every creator involved with G.I. Joe in TV and film seems to be tripping over the Sunbow/Marvel cartoon, when they should just be reinterpreting it, and/or the original Marvel Comics by Larry Hama.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎