X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Netflix Rebel Moon

Boyfriend and I watched Rebel Moon last night and about half way through it we realized we recognized the pilot: the old Seven Samurai or for those who do not watch Asian TV The Magnificent Seven mixed in with Star Wars.
    Attached Files
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

from what i understand this movie was actually meant to be a Star Wars movie but Lucasfilm declined so he revamped it into it's own thing. i liked it. my wife even enjoyed it and this is not normally her cup of tea. looking forward to the extended cut and then part 2

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I have found Snyder's work uneven, but I went in with high hopes. The idea of doing "Seven Samurai... IN SPACE" is solid. I mean, it worked for Roger Corman's "Battle Beyond the Stars." But this movie was just dreadful. Great cinematography... but dreadful movie.

Without spoiling the plot, all I will say is that "Rebel Moon" is so interested in showing how gritty and realistic it can be, it lacks any of the transformative quality that science fiction should bring to an adaptation like this. And parts of the plot are totally nonsensical, with the hope that the action beats will keep you from noticing.

I'm glad others liked it... but not for me.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Battle Beyond the Stars was what came into my head when I heard about the plot as well. As far as whether any Roger Corman movie works I will say he outpaces Ed Wood. As far as a modern version of Ed Wood goes I would love to see a movie or series that combines Walking Dead with Falling Skies or BSG into a hard SciFi Horror reboot of Plan 9.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎