X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

the hunger games: the ballad of songbirds & snakes

Today boyfriend & I enjoyed the day at the movies and watched the Hunger Games: The Ballad Of Songbirds & Snakes'

Years before he becomes the tyrannical president of Panem, 18-year-old Coriolanus Snow remains the last hope for his fading lineage. With the 10th annual Hunger Games fast approaching, the young Snow becomes alarmed when he's assigned to mentor Lucy Gray Baird from District 12. Uniting their instincts for showmanship and political savvy, they race against time to ultimately reveal who's a songbird and who's a snake.
    We haven't read the book yet or watched/read anything about it. Having do so, we went in with fresh eyes. For a 3hr movie it wasn't as bad as most have stated (surprised). Yes there are some slow parts but that is just building up the story. The origin of Coriolanus Snow (President in the future Hungar Games) was different. What bothered me was its like P. T. Barnum didn't exist on this world: it is all about the show and how well you market it.

Would it have been a better HBO/Max series, probably. At times it felt like we were watching 2 different movies. To see the rise of Coriolanus Snow and the updating of the Hunger Games as a series instead of a few movies would have been great.

Attached Files
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

my daughter saw it and said it was good

Comment

Working...