Clear All
  • Bill
    Parminant Memble
    • Oct 20, 2002

Comment

• ABMAC
      User
      • May 16, 2002

Sweet! If I ever get a tattoo, it'll be an ape.

You should flip the picture horizontally so it looks correct.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by censy
        Damn, I am jealous. Mine are all loose, but I plan to buy them carded one day.

Apes question to all...is the animated series worth getting? I know the animation is a lttle weak and I have resisted getting it so far. Do you actually enjoy watching the episodes now?

Thanks!

Chris
        I used to catch parts of eps when this aired on the Sci-Fi Channel (at 4am!), and decided I wanted to see more, so I bought a video of the first few eps, and I hated it. Probably b/c it was more like Pierre Boulle's concept and less like the movies or TV show. I actually did like the animation, very vintage comic-book like.

BTW...if anyone wants my tape of the cartoons, they can have it, free of charge.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by HardyGirl
          I used to catch parts of eps when this aired on the Sci-Fi Channel (at 4am!), and decided I wanted to see more, so I bought a video of the first few eps, and I hated it. Probably b/c it was more like Pierre Boulle's concept and less like the movies or TV show. I actually did like the animation, very vintage comic-book like.
          Actually, the first movie is more like Boulle's book in that humans are animals (albeit dressed in rags due to censorship issues in 1968). As Ant pointed out, in the RETURN series, the "humanoids" are semi-articulate, which is something I don't like... I can't get past Nova's "Ahoya" gibberish. That does get annoying... I'll only let their semi-articulation slide if they're trying to say that the "humanoids" hadn't totally devolved yet

The RETURN series is like the Boulle book only in that the apes have technology, but the series does seem to take it's cue more from PLANET and BENEATH.

I like most of the storyline that the RETURN series set up, but I do not care for the way it was executed. Anything having to do with flying lizards, giant spiders, and that stupid Ice Ape should all have been eliminated. I would have preferred no Mutants either, but if they had to have them, they should have stuck more with the BENEATH style mutants and not those lasers shooting from their eyes "Underdwellers". Truthfully, I would have preferred that they would have stuck with the "horse and buggy" society from PLANET, but there's no changing any of that now...

What I think might have been even better would have been if they continued the TV series in animated form. Even if they wouldn't have been as lucky as the STAR TREK cartoon where most everyone reprised their roles, I think it would have been cool to have a continuation of the TV series. They could have had the fugitives end up in places and situations that would not have been possible on the regular TV show due to limited budget. For instance POWER records did that story called "VOLCANO", and a story like that would have worked perfectly in an animated show. (Though I think it would have been even better as "live action", but I'd dread seeing the stock footage of an exploding volcano cut into the rest of the film, I'm sure it would have been extrememly obvious.)
          Last edited by apes3978; Nov 1, '07, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

I love the films Planet and Beneath are two of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made...I also love conquest which i feel is very under-rated. The Tv series enthralled me as a kid as did the marvel comic reprints (uk versionsblack and white but a4 sized).
            What I feel makes me a fan is my belief that one day I will possess an army of shaved evil monkeys/apes......thems good dreams.
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

I am also a Planet of the Apes fan. My most fanatical years were in highschool, then it subsided a bit but now it's back in full force! Even though it seemed like it subsided, it never really did--I always wore ape green socks inside my boots as much as possible--and still do. I wake up most happy if I have dreamed anything Planet of the Apes related--does that count?
              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎