• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Rocket Robin Hood DVD

Here we go again!

If all goes well, those of us who are fans will finally have RRH on DVD this November 17th. Unfortunately, unlike the previously announced release of two 26 episode sets making up the entire 52 episode series, we are going to get a "Best of" collection on one disc.

Future releases are contingent on sales of this DVD.....as are chances of 8" action figures......
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>we are going to get a "Best of" collection on one disc.

That's about right.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I was really hoping it would come out complete, this one along with Clutch Cargo is one of my old timey favorites.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>this one along with Clutch Cargo is one of my old timey favorites.

I got a soft spot for Rocket Robin. When I was a kid I loved it. Now that I've grown up I find it incredibly horrible.... and yet; I can't look away. It's got this weird over the top 50's sci-fi kinda thing going on; where there's a complete lack of regard for real science, plausibility, writing.... Because of that it exists in a world all it's own, where our mortal laws don't apply.

A friend of mine knows people who worked on it. He said they HATED the show and used to slap it together quicly "so's we could get to drinkin' time faster." That revelatin made me feel weird....

Fear not; It'll be on disk sooner or later; sicne the ones they're showing on cable have been remastered SOMEONE'S gonna want to recoup that cost.

Clutch Cargo is another odd one. Never saw it as a kid, but I found some disks at the dollar store recently. Very surreal.

Don C.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Clutch Cargo is the one that appeared in Pulp Fiction, right?
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^Yep, the one with "lady lips"
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah it's funny how that show did not translate as well into adulthood with me as Spiderman '67 did. I can watch Spidey all day. But Rocket Robinhood just doesn't hold up as well, even though Ralph Bakshi used footage from that show for several episodes of Spiderman. I'll still get it when it comes out though.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

I hate best ofs!!!
                You buy the dang best of and then months later you have to re-buy the series.
                Happened to me with friggin TV Hulk also.
                They did it to us with the zillions of copies of lord of the rings as well.
                it'll be best of rocket robin hood,directors cut,ultimate edition,remastered edition,35 anniversarry edition,collectors special,blah,blah,blah....

Having said that I'll still get it!!!
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• MysteryWho
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2008

I got suckered by the Hulk "Best Of" also. I hate collections.
                  That said, I will probably buy it if it means the series will be put on dvd in its entirety.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                    I got suckered by the Hulk "Best Of" also. I hate collections.
                    That said, I will probably buy it if it means the series will be put on dvd in its entirety.
                    I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Me to.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                      I hate best ofs!!!
                      You buy the dang best of and then months later you have to re-buy the series.
                      Happened to me with friggin TV Hulk also.
                      They did it to us with the zillions of copies of lord of the rings as well.
                      it'll be best of rocket robin hood,directors cut,ultimate edition,remastered edition,35 anniversarry edition,collectors special,blah,blah,blah....

Having said that I'll still get it!!!

I dont know all the current back room goings on, but I do know that greed killed Warner Bros (Canada) original plans to release the entire series in two packages. A very difficult Licensing Agent was to blame for this (trust me...the guy was a class A jack ***!!) Seville films of Montreal (who licensed the rights to the series in DVD form---and paid partly for the remastering of the episodes along with Sandra Carter Global--who handles the syndication rights)) had been trying to release the entire series either on their own...or in conjunction with a small time distributor named Paradox. Since then, another company bought both of these companies.

Rumors have been flying about the inability to actually release the entire series due to missing French language soundtracks for many of the episodes. I had heard they were going to actually rerecord these missing tracks ...then they scuttled that idea. Thats when the entire project fell into a black hole, and all involved thought this was dead!

Two years later, things are on again, but unless they redo these episodes somehow, its possible we may never get the entire series released. I would have thought they could do English only DVD's, but that doesnt seem to be feasible for them ...for some reason? Really, I dont get the French issue, and have heard that the new release will be sold seperately in English only and French only packaging. It's quite possible that these packages wont even feature the same episodes!!??...so my question again is''Whats the big deal". Give the English speaking audience the entire series. If it sells well, use the money to redo the missing French tracks and release that box set at a later date!!

Rocket Robins greatest battle may not be over yet!!

By the way, their is a new rumor I just heard the other day that Rocket Robin may be headed to big screen in a live action adaption...or more likely Reboot...of the series. JMS is rumored to be the writer and creative push behind this!
                      Last edited by Captain; Oct 14, '09, 3:41 PM.
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

>Rocket Robins greatest battle may not be over yet!!

It seems like a lot of hullabaloo over nothing; unless someone THINKS this'll be the next big thing....

>Rocket Robin may be headed to big screen in a live action adaption

Well, yeah.... there you go.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, and I thought Batman was having a hard time trying to get on dvd.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎