X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

New Who episodes?

Anybody know when the last Tennant eps will air on the BBC?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I have no idea but I have to admit -- I really don't care all that much.

I think these specials which seem to take forever to come out along with me knowing Tennant is leaving kind of turned me off to the show.

It's not that I don't like the new series anymore --- I just don't care about it like I used too.

I think the specials killed it for me ... It's like not being on for a whole season.

Comment

• raider5gt
      Museum Tree Cutter
      • Nov 25, 2007

If Waters of Mars is the last special,then it will air at Xmas.

I thought that Tennant was ment to do 4 specials this year,with 1 more after the Waters of Mars special.

I too am going off the new series,i seem to only watch the Dalek stories.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

My fav is Bad Wolf/ Parting of the Ways

I could watch that story every second day and still like it

Comment

• raider5gt
          Museum Tree Cutter
          • Nov 25, 2007

Yeah its a good story.Not to keen on the Anne Robinson robot

I like The Stolen Earth/Journey's End story the best,nice to see Davros back.
          The only thing i didn't like was Donna Noble going weird

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Yeah it was nice there where we were getting one new Who special a month, but the second one wasn't all that good and it did seem like it was dragging out the inevitable.

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

Waters of Mars Will be shown on BBC sometime around Halloween
              Then the Xmas special will be the first part of the 2 part finale for Tennent
              Then his last special is supposed to air on New Years Day.

Then the BBC will air the new series of Matt Smith sometime in the Spring.

I'm still Hooked, but i think Russel T. Davies Blew it big time wasting the regeneration in the fourth season finale. that just just too big a story not to have been tennent's goodbye. He's also wasting opportunities by not having different companions in each of these specials to give the idea each of the Doctor's bodies last more than just 3 years or so. It would give the Novelists and comic writers and Audio writers plenty to work with rather than the lonely traveller stuff that's coming out now.
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

If these were full blown TV "specials" running 2 hours apiece and spaced correctly apart I think they would have been a bigger success.

As it stands, all we are getting is regular season quality episodes every 3 months or so.

Hell, a normal British season of 13 episodes seems like a rip-off to begin with ... Now shrink that down to 4 or 5 --- lousy idea.

If anything, they should have done like Torchwood and had a 5 hour special played 1 episode per day thoughout the week.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, all this has really taken the "drive" out of Who.

It's becoming a "who cares?" feeling....
                  Announcing Tennant's departure a year in advance kills it for me.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>Announcing Tennant's departure a year in advance kills it for me.

That's been my problem with a lot of stuff the last decade or so. It's tough to be surprised by things 'cos there's usually so much chatter down the nerdly grapevine.

Don C.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by ctc
                      >Announcing Tennant's departure a year in advance kills it for me.

That's been my problem with a lot of stuff the last decade or so. It's tough to be surprised by things 'cos there's usually so much chatter down the nerdly grapevine.

Don C.
                      grapevine is one thing it's another when it's on the BBC news and their website so everyone knows. but the hardest thing is these long drawn out spells. in the past (even Eccleston) by the time the news was out the Doctor's final season was airing and sometimes half over or more. then we only had a couple months to lament a change then a summer off and new Doctor in the fall. Assuming the last Tennet is indeed New years then we don't get new who till when May sweeps? September 2010?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎