Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Time Lords returning to Doctor Who ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Are the Time Lords returning to Doctor Who ?

On IMDB, I just read the cast of the last Tennant story.
    The regeneration story.

Timothy Dalton as Time Lord ?

Episode #4.18 (2010)

m
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Could be a flashback, we've already seen a timelord.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

I see he is also listed as Time Lord Chancellor in Waters of Mars , the November episode.

I'm also intrigued to see John Simm listed as the Master, along with Donna Noble & family, plus Captain Jack Harkness... And a return of Harriet Jones as well?

Comment

• palitoy
        • Jun 16, 2001

I love John Simm as the Master, so I'm excited to see this.

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

This heavy cast could be a red herring - I am thinking clip episode with many faces calling "Doctor" as he dies before a regeneration including dalton as a timelord "spirit" of some mentor of the Doctor's to help him regenerate.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I figured John Simm would return as the Master. After the cremation scene , a woman's hand picks up an odd ring from the ashes and you hear his maniacal laugh...I thought maybe the hand belonged to either his wife (who shot him as part of some pre-arranged escape plan he'd devised if the Doctor managed to defeat him) or to the Rani (again in some sort of plot).

And I have a question...and maybe this was explained on the series and I missed it... but why can't The Doctor visit Gallifrey at a point in the past prior to the Time War when the Time Lords still exist and rescue some of his race from extinction? Or simply just visit awhile?
            Last edited by johnnystorm; Jul 22, '09, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
              And I have a question...and maybe this was explained on the series and I missed it... but why can't The Doctor visit Gallifrey at a point in the past prior to the Time War when the Time Lords still exist and rescue some of his race from extinction? Or simply just visit awhile?
              I don't think you can mess with Gallifrey that way, I don't remember where my assumption comes from but I think it's kind of closed to time travel.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I think Tennant described anything to do with the Time Lords as time locked.

It's a nice neat word that could mean anything depending on who's writing a particular story

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Did they say whatever happened to the Time Lord from The Armageddon Factor?

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                    I figured John Simm would return as the Master. After the cremation scene , a woman's hand picks up an odd ring from the ashes and you hear his maniacal laugh...I thought maybe the hand belonged to either his wife (who shot him as part of some pre-arranged escape plan he'd devised if the Doctor managed to defeat him) or to the Rani (again in some sort of plot).

in the original show whenever they went to galifrey it was always moving forward in "real" time with all prior incarnation visits in the past so I have to assume the Tardis can't go back in time for Galiphrey (or is programmed not to)

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>I don't think you can mess with Gallifrey that way,

Gallifrey runs on a sort of "absolute" time. It's timeline is set, so nobody could go back to a point before the creation of the TARDIS, make it not happen, and then undo everything the Time Lords ever did. Rassilon designed it like that on purpose. (Is it "The Five Doctors" where they explain that....?)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎