Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor fought the last great time war?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPkempo
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 17, 2001

What Doctor fought the last great time war?

8th Doctor - Paul McGann

or

9th Doctor - Christopher Eccleston

I figure it was mostly the 8th in the final battle the 8th was almost killed becoming the 9th.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

McGann did the timewar radio drama.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
      McGann did the timewar radio drama.
      Did they reveal how McGann become Eccleston?
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

what time war radio drama was that. i haven't gotten his radio series yet?
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

I would say Mcgann becuase at the beginning of Rose Eccleston takes the time to see and rate his appearance in the Mirror which historically was a shortyl after regeneration moment

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
            I was NEVER here!
            • Jun 22, 2008

funny. . . .in those 2 pics. . . .it almost looks like you give McGann a number 1 hair cut and you find Eccelston underneath. . . .they look quite a bit alike?

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I wonder why the producers didn't let MaGann regenerate at the beginning of Rose -- in at least a similar way as Pertwee in Spearhead From Space ?

As a long-time Dr Who fan, it almost feels like they robbed us of a regeneration scene for no reason other then them wanting to distance themselves from the classic series -- which they seem to be embracing more and more now anyway.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>it almost feels like they robbed us of a regeneration scene for no reason other then them wanting to distance themselves from the classic series

Maybe they couldn't get him for filming? Or maybe he look real different now? Or they didn't want to confuse a new viewer who doesn't know he regrows? (Like there's anyone on Earth who DOESN'T know this....)

Don C.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
                  I wonder why the producers didn't let MaGann regenerate at the beginning of Rose -- in at least a similar way as Pertwee in Spearhead From Space ?

As a long-time Dr Who fan, it almost feels like they robbed us of a regeneration scene for no reason other then them wanting to distance themselves from the classic series -- which they seem to be embracing more and more now anyway.
                  The mixed feelings of the tv movie may have played into not bringing Mcgann in. Many people want to drop it from their version of Canon for who so by not bringing him in no one gets miffed. It was only in the last chistmas special that truly put the argument to rest by putting him in the "face file" on the Doctor the Cybermen stole from the daleks

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

As I recall, they didn't want to have to explain regeneration and muddle down the Doctor's introduction, they wanted the first Doctor you see to be Eccleston. I respected that choice because I felt the TV movie was too confusing for a new viewer.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JPkempo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Seeing we don't know how much time passed they could use McGann in a time war movie ending with the regeniration.

Comment

• spotter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 6, 2008

That would be a much better new season - A throw back season to the time war

and davies and crowd should love that all Glitz no substance
                        Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

The only thing that always rubs me the wrong way is the thought of the meekest Doctor (MaGann) being the Time War Doctor.

I know ironic fate plays a lot into this, but I still don't like it.

I want a fighting Doctor in the Time War - ie Pertwee, Colin, McCoy, Eccleston or Tennant.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎