Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the new Ming!? You’ve got to be kidding me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I was going to watch it, and give it the benefit of the doubt. Now, I just can't justify wasting that much time on it. If I hear any good reviews of it from the boards I go to, I may reconsider catching an episode later. But I've got better things to do with ninety minutes, l like pick lint out of my belly button or something.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• monkeyboy
      Museum Patron
      • Jul 31, 2007

ming sucked

Show lacked any charm ,bad acting,not many special effectr!writers just dont understand the wow factor that made me love flash!no wonder of aliens and a new world!meerkat manor on otherhand had better action and better acting!u go flower!

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

This new version of Flash Gordon sounds and looks really terrible. I've seen previews and even Ming now (thanks, Werewolf)...And he looks about as menacing as a hotel doorman. The preview clips even look like it was filmed in somebody's back yard...Ugh!

Dana

BTW: I just checked the reviews...Oh my...Most everyone seems to hate this show.
        Last edited by danadoll; Aug 11, '07, 3:32 AM.
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• monkeyboy
          Museum Patron
          • Jul 31, 2007

bad real bad

Too bad was looking forward to a nice scifi friday!i get dr who way before sci fi.amanda tapping cant save atlantis,jane is a pain and now horrid flash!id rather watch old sci fi reruns!meerkats and nature for me on fridays!

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I don't get Boomerang--- but from what i've heard of it makes me think the same thing should be done with Sci-Fi Channel.

Make a channel for JUST classic Sci-Fi TV shows and movies.

Comment

• monkeyboy
              Museum Patron
              • Jul 31, 2007

i agree

Originally posted by type1kirk
              I don't get Boomerang--- but from what i've heard of it makes me think the same thing should be done with Sci-Fi Channel.

Make a channel for JUST classic Sci-Fi TV shows and movies.
              I agree.classic dr who,dark shadows,trek,50s movies etc..sci fi movies are getting bad and now all the anime belong elsewheres!just like amc showin cheesy unclassics!

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

die flash die

I actually tried to give this a shot last night since I was already parked in front of the tube for Dr Who but gave up half way through. even worse that the last few seasons of Stargate.

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Unfortunately, 99% of all of the Sci-Fi Channel's "original" programming sucks in an epic kinda way. Pretty much the only time I watch the channel anymore is to catch Doctor Who or a Heroes repeat. I actually had Flash Gordon on last night while I was on the computer, and I think I gave up on it early on. I'll just wait for a copy of the 1980 movie.
                  George

Comment

• monkeyboy
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jul 31, 2007

Originally posted by stevemoore
                    Why not just bring back Firefly already. This looks horrible. It's like some ******* combination of every canceled sci fi channel show.
                    Prob cuz firefly was like every other canceled show:it didnt have that many fans at all!how many episodes even aired?that show needs to stay in the graveyard.

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

I love the serious, realistic reimagining of Battlestar, but for Flash I'd like to have seen a liitle camp. This is colorless.

Why don't they ever make it retro? Make it look like the thrities or something cool like that. Flash looks like a doofus in a motorcycle shop.
                      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• monkeyboy
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jul 31, 2007

i agree

Originally posted by MegoScott
                        I love the serious, realistic reimagining of Battlestar, but for Flash I'd like to have seen a liitle camp. This is colorless.

Why don't they ever make it retro? Make it look like the thrities or something cool like that. Flash looks like a doofus in a motorcycle shop.
                        I agree!i was hoping for shiny 30s style spacesuits!and when he met ming it should have been a colorful extravaganza with eerie music!im workin on customs of what id like to see!love galactica

Comment

• Hulk
                          Mayor of Megoville
                          • May 10, 2003

I TIVO'd it but still haven't bothered. I'll probably wait until late one night when the only other option is some bad Byron Allen show.

Would it have been too much to ask to get the guy to grow a goatee though? Geez.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                            OH JES!!
                            • Jul 21, 2005

Started watching it last night and fell asleep 10 minutes into it and I usually stay up late on fridays...I left it recording...My son stayed watching it he told me it was Boring. He's seen and loved the originals with Buster Crabbe and the 70's animated version and the 80's movie.He was disappointed with it....you bored an eleven year old kid this show is doomed.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                              Author of Small Things
                              • Jun 14, 2001

I went into it with very low expectations, but... it wasn't altogether bad.
                              --
                              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• danadoll
                                Micronaut Nut!
                                • Apr 11, 2005

Okay....I tried to watch some of the rerun of the Premiere episode this morning (Saturday), I caught it near the beginning....Cringe...And I couldn't make it past where "Flash" and "Dale" meet "Ming" (I even turned the channel several times, when I lost interest in parts)....Ugh...Just...Ugh!

Dana
                                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎