Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

as a huge trekkie im going to give it a chance., not hopeful though.

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Another somewhat positive indication that this movie wont stink is that Leonard Nimoy has not only agreed to be in it, but has said it's good!
      Mr.Nimoy has long made it clear that he wont just do a Trek film for the sake of doing one. Case in point is Generations. He was asked to act in it and direct it. He thought the story stunk, and that Kirks death was pointless and a "waste of a classic hero". B&B wouldnt agree to any changes so he walked.
      He has since retired and said he wouldnt do anymore acting....then this script comes up, and he not only agrees to come on board, but endorses the story and concept fully.
      Definately a good sign in my book!
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• smonte00
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 19, 2005

I'm really exited at the possibility of a good Trek movie being made. I do hope that they avoid the mistakes they made on Enterprise. For instance, I don't want the original Enterprise 1701 to look like a ship that is more advanced than 1701-E like they did on the last TV show. Also, even though I don't like the uniforms from the pilot that much, I think they're kind of forced to use them aren't they? I guess it depends on how far back they go. I suppose I just don't want the whole thing to look like it is set after the Next Generation instead of before the original series. There's an evolution of the series that they need to stay true to and at the same time try to find a way to not look campy.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎