X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

V Officially Announced For ABC Fall Line-Up

Although it does not have a time-slot, ABC will include the remade 'V' in its fall line-up announcment today at 3pm (EST). Right now I see it listed simply as "fall and mid-season". Maybe I can get more info at the official announcement later today. Here's how it's listed in the release-

"V”
    “V” is a re-imagining of the 1980’s miniseries about the world’s first encounter with an alien race in which the aliens call themselves The Visitors, and have a seemingly friendly agenda that may or may not be a cover for something more malevolent.

“V” stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans, Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols, Joel Gretsch as Father Jack Landry, Lourdes Benedicto as Valerie Stevens, Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans, Laura Vandervoort as Lisa, with Morena Baccarin as Anna and Scott Wolf as Chad Decker.

The series is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. Scott Peters is executive producer/writer and Steve Pearlman and Jace Hall are executive producers. The pilot was directed and executive produced by Yves Simoneau.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

re-imagining
    shiver.

I'm a psychic, tons of details will soon start to trickle out about how the series changes everything. Fan outrage will follow for the summer.

The series debuts, if it's a hit, you'll be plagued by net wars of old fans vs new in a waste of time poopstorm of sadness and misery.

If it gets cancelled, some fans will try and save it, others will simply say "good riddance".
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

This sounds interesting to me...
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

BSG was a hit lets reimagine something else

UGHHH

Comment

• david_b
          Never had enough toys..
          • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
          shiver.

I'm a psychic, tons of details will soon start to trickle out about how the series changes everything. Fan outrage will follow for the summer.

The series debuts, if it's a hit, you'll be plagued by net wars of old fans vs new in a waste of time poopstorm of sadness and misery.

If it gets cancelled, some fans will try and save it, others will simply say "good riddance".
          Eh..., I sort of agree. We only have to look at 'Galactica' as a 'successful' reimage. Successful only from the stand-point that critics liked it, a loyal following was created, even winning over some old fans, despite lots of misgivings towards the updating from the die-hard community (Starbuck, Cylons, disfunctional relationships, etc..).

I believe Hatch's involvement helped balm most of the ire..

Perhaps some involvement from the old cast might do the same here..

david_b
          Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by david_b
            Eh..., I sort of agree. We only have to look at 'Galactica' as a 'successful' reimage. Successful only from the stand-point that critics liked it, a loyal following was created, even winning over some old fans, despite lots of misgivings towards the updating from the die-hard community (Starbuck, Cylons, disfunctional relationships, etc..).

I believe Hatch's involvement helped balm most of the ire..

Perhaps some involvement from the old cast might do the same here..

david_b
            I'm bet Faye Grant and Marc Singer will apear for peanuts for face time. Michael Ironside they will have to pay he's always working and doing voice over work

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I'm sure ABC will cancel it after the 3rd episode anyway

They don't have the best track record for letting shows find an audience

It's always wham bam, goodbye Sam

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I'm looking forward to further scrapping of the re-imagined barrel.

I have some suggestions, like an edgy Golden Girls set in a woman's prison or Square Pegs Girls Gone Wild. Oh! I know, Urkle as a Dark Knight style super hero in Iron Man armor. Oh, yeah, the kids would eat that up.

Wait, wait wait! This is is it! A re-gendered Space 1999 but not set on the moon or in 1999 and remove any of that boring science fiction or fantasy stuff. No aliens, no space ships, just tween angst, dysfunctional families, sleeping around and ham fisted politics. A sure fire winner! I'm telling you, it cannot lose!
                Last edited by Werewolf; May 19, '09, 12:28 PM.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

sort of agree. We only have to look at 'Galactica' as a 'successful' reimage
                  I agree with this although the current version of Doctor Who does have it's detractors. While I think it won over the majority of original fans, there is a outspoken group that believes the new series to be a non canon reimagining.

However, I don't think these people wouldn't change their minds even if Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker were in the next special and the Tardis interior were changed to the classic style.

Wait, wait wait! This is is it! A re-gendered Space 1999 but not set on the moon or in 1999 and remove any of that boring science fiction or fantasy stuff. No aliens, no space ships, just tween angst, dysfunctional families, sleeping around and ham fisted politics. A sure fire winner! I'm telling you, it cannot lose!
                  I'd watch a more plausible Space:1999 remake seeing as the original isn't exactly timeless but I doubt that I'd like what really would come out.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by type1kirk
                    I'm sure ABC will cancel it after the 3rd episode anyway

They don't have the best track record for letting shows find an audience

It's always wham bam, goodbye Sam
                    Agreed...ABC has screwed me over so many times in the last several years by cancelling these serialized dramas it's not even funny...I'm very hesitant to get into anything for fear it'll be yanked when I look the other way.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

As someone whose livelihood literally depends on the ratings for ABC programming, they have been terrible at developing and even placing shows on a schedule. I do worry that a show like V needs the type of patience that I do not know ABC will provide.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                        Live Long and Prosper
                        • Mar 23, 2008

I hope they don't ruin it. I was so into that show. Please don't mess it up
                        Sammy

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                          shiver.

You wanna open a forum for it now or wait til the premiere?

Well, if anyone was wondering if Julliette (Elizabeth Mitchell) survived the bomb in the LOST finale, here's your answer.

The teaser looks pretty cool. I didn't get to watch this the first time around, I don't know why. I remember hearing about it at school.
                          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

SOunds interesting. I loved the original V but to be honest it does have quite the dated 80's look to it and let's be honest...the series kinda sucked. Maybe it is time to redo it?
                            As long as they stay true to the concept of the original and don't muck with it too much it might be pretty good...in an Invasion (series) kind of way. (another ABC casualty that I loved)
                            Rich

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

.....mmmmmMMMMMMEEEEEHHHHhhhhhh......

I didn't like the first one. I TRIED, I really did, but by the second episdoe they lost me. I figure a new, "reimagined" one is gonna be just as generic. "Aliens show up, pretend to be good, really bad, humanity rebells, Don snores."

Which brings me to a question I often ask: is it less reprehensible to make a generic movie/tv show/comic/whatnot that proports to be an old story; or to make a completely new generic movie/tv show/comic/whatnot?

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎