Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

The writers of Trek 2009 talk about the Shatner scene that might've been

What Would Shatner's 'Star Trek' Scene Have Been Like? | Video | MTV

[email protected]
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

I'm with Orci and the interviewer.. sounds like that would have made a great scene..

Wasn't there some dust-up over the $$ Shatner wanted to "appear"? Maybe that's the real reason they bagged it.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Not available in my region!?!?!?!?
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Yeah, the darn thing isnt viewable in Canada. From what I've heard before it was supposed to occur during the scene where Spock and Spock meet in the new movie. Young spock cant believe that he and Kirk will become buddies in the future, so Old spock whips out a handy dandy holo projector and plays back an old message Kirk sent him just before Kirk went to the Enterprise B ceremony seen in Generations. Kirk basically told Spock how gratefull he was that they have been friends over the years, and wishes him the best as he heads for Romulus to begin re-unification talks.

Being that the Shat is nearly 20 years older than he was then, I'm not sure how this would have come across anyways?
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

For that short segment, they could've done whatever digital work to the Shat that they did on the Direct TV commercial to make him look younger.

[email protected]

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

As much as LOVE Bill...I'm glad they didn't throw that Cameo in the Movie. I just don't think it was needed. Nimoy on the other Hand, was essential!
            sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
              As much as LOVE Bill...I'm glad they didn't throw that Cameo in the Movie. I just don't think it was needed. Nimoy on the other Hand, was essential!
              Yeah same here,Nimoy was essential and integral to the film old kirk,meh not really needed.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• trekman101
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2009

Hopefully the writers can figure a good thought out way to get Shatner into one of the next films.I would love to see him back!
                "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by trekman101
                  Hopefully the writers can figure a good thought out way to get Shatner into one of the next films.I would love to see him back!
                  Same here. A glimpse of the future showing that Kirk's death in Generations doesn't happen would be nice.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

It would be nice to see the real Jimmy T. back in action one more time, but to do it they would have to revisit the whole time travel thing yet again. Unless the Nexus comes back and spits ol' James Tiberius back out?
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

How about Mirror Universe on a slightly accelerated time line, so that Shatner plays a mean Kirk and is the foe for the move opposite Chris Pine. (That probably wouldn't sit well for some Trek fans, but I think that it would be neat).
                      It's all good!

Comment

• batgirl
                        Crime fighter
                        • Mar 29, 2007

I would love to see Shat back, but seriously, dude's gotta lose a lot of Krispy Kremes first!
                        ( You dont see a fat Spock now do ya??)

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎