The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek 11 Klingons, ridged or non-ridged? Plus what other Trek aliens are in it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Star Trek 11 Klingons, ridged or non-ridged? Plus what other Trek aliens are in it?

I read that several Klingon characters are listed in the credits. So, are they TOS look or STTMP ridge look?

Plus, what are the other classic series aliens that are supposed to be in the movie?

Vulcans
    Romulans
    Klingons
    Orion Slave Girls

Am I missing anything?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

If the producers really want to distance themselves from current Treks, i'm guessing they wont have ridge heads ........ BUT, they also might redesign them totally different from both smoothie and ridgie versions.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Spoiler based on rumor I've heard, not fact:

I've purposely been avoiding details of the movie, but I believe that the Klingons in the film are from TNG time period when Nero first escapes and then Spock Prime follows after him. Not sure though.
      It's all good!

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Trekmovie.com has a bit on this. The Klingons that were in the film (scene was cut) are post TNG era, and have bumpy heads.
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

I just noticed the BK toys reveal a Klingon Battle Cruiser design...probably from the Kobayashi Maru scene..Based on the Trek II depiction of this test, we dont see any actual Klingons, but since this new movie is not adverse to changing things, who knows?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Captain
            Trekmovie.com has a bit on this. The Klingons that were in the film (scene was cut) are post TNG era, and have bumpy heads.
            Thanks for the info. Since the scene was cut I guess this means no Klingon figures in the toy line? That would kinda suck. They are going to run out of interesting characters to do (and kids to play) with with only the Enterprise Crew and Nero's group to do.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

According to some, Playmates has another 10 figures in the works for a June/July release. If true, I cant see them all being redos of the crew, so hopefully we see others like Sarek, and some of the other aliens that are new. Theres one at starfleet command that looks like Arex, without the extra limbs, and Scotty has a little hobbit like goober working with him on Delta Vega. Plus, the Klingon scene is being added to the DVD release, so we may yet get to see some Klingons. The pics I've seen so far had them on Rura Penthe, and the were wearing heavy leather coats and had metal helmets on obscuring their face, yet the helmets had the ridges designed into them TMP style. This scene is quite long, and rumored to include a Klingon cutting off the tip of one of Nero's ears, so I would bet they arent all hiding under helmets. Its actually a pivotal scene in my mind, that explains Nero's past, and shows him escaping into the (a) past.....not sure why they would want to cut that?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I spotted this on the fwoosh forum. It's the rumored series 2 figures supposedly taken from Wallyworlds computers. So you know, take it with a grain of salt.

Mild spoiler warning just to be safe.
                MCCOY / ENTERPRISE 43377-61756
                CHECKOV / ENTERPRISE 43377-61758
                SAREK 43377-61762
                GENERAL AYEL 43377-61764
                KIRK / CADET 43377-61765
                SPOCK / CADET LEADER 43377-61766
                TBD 43377-61767
                UHURA CADET 43377-61768
                SPACESUIT KIRK 43377-61770
                SPOCK VULCAN 43377-61771
                TBD2 43377-61772
                KIRK FROZEN PLANET 43377-61774
                SULU SPACESUIT 43377-61775
                POLOARILLA 43377-61776

Other than Sarek, General Ayel and the Poloarilla (wha?) it's pretty much just the crew different uniforms. Unless the two To be determined figures turn out to be something like a Klingon and a Orion. At the very least, we will finally get a full crew in Star Fleet uniforms.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎