Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

I've been pleasantly astounded enough by LOST that I have faith in JJ Abrams to accomplish anything with Star Trek - even a prospect as difficult as recasting Kirk & Spock.

If the Quinto casting turns out to be true, I do believe that's a step in exactly the right direction.
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

He Looks Lie A Good Spock Choice.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Definate Confirmation...and approval from Nimoy, who's read the Script!

Ahoy, squirts Quint here. I'm working on the big wrap up for the big Paramount panel right now. But I wanted to hit this to you now. JJ Abrams confirmed Zachary Quinto as Spock but the big news is that Leonard Nimoy is also returning. More...
        sigpic

Comment

• number 6
          Village Idiot
          • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
          But what's wrong with Brody...He's got the look, and He's a good Actor(except he's a little skinny).

I feel like the one little kid who's the only one that see the emperor dosen't have any cloths on.

O.K., if I remember right from the last casting thread, basiclly the two big things Brody has going for him are the following:

1. He's a great actor: Liam Nieson and Denzel Washington are great actors but I wouldn't want either of them to play Spock. Let me put it another way - Eric Bana, Jennifer Connley and Sam Shepherd are great actors and Ang Lee is a great director. Talent only takes you so far.

2. He's got the look/Brody and Nimoy both have screwed up noses: Nimoy did NOT have a screwed up nose. Slightly large, a bit on the odd side perhaps. But I don't think I've heard anyone ever suggest that Nimoy get a nose job. Yeah, his nose is a little skrewed-looking now, but the guys what in his 70's? That's what old age does man. Really, in my opinoin (and I hate to be cruel) but Brody's whole face is kinda funky. Nimoy was no Cary Grant but he wasn't Brody homely-as-fence-post either. When Chapel or some other babe got the hots for Spock I could buy it. Naomi Watts making out with Brody in Kong? Sorry, I didn't buy it.

I mean come one, if having a big or screwed up nose is going to be that big of a qualifier why not have David Schwimmer play Spock?

To me, in that photoshoped picture, Sinise looked great, Damon passable and Brody looks like he just walked off and SNL skit.

Look, I'll freely admit I'm in the minority on this. People magazine named Brody one of their 100 most beautiful people (if that's true I should have lucious babes hanging all over me). And I guess pretty much everyone on the internet was thrilled with the prospect of Brody.

So it's just me I guess, I don't get it.

Comment

• ABMAC
            User
            • May 16, 2002

I've been looking at new actors, and I think I've found the perfect McCoy:

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

It's really a moot point anyway Number 6....since spock has already been cast...and it's not Brody.

What I'm dying to hear now is...who get's the Role of CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!!

Also...I really hope the casting Director considers Ray Liotta, as Cpt.Pike.
              sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ABMAC
                I've been looking at new actors, and I think I've found the perfect McCoy:

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Golem, not a doctor"
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Definate Confirmation...and approval from Nimoy, who's read the Script!

Ahoy, squirts Quint here. I'm working on the big wrap up for the big Paramount panel right now. But I wanted to hit this to you now. JJ Abrams confirmed Zachary Quinto as Spock but the big news is that Leonard Nimoy is also returning. More...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

I read somewhere that Nimoy had it written into his contract with Paramount, that he had approval on any replacement/alternate Spock actors. Not sure if that pertained only to the TOS movies (specifically Star Trek III-which featured many Spocks) or if it meant for as long as he lived?....I'm inclined to think the former, but you never know?
                    Trek Web and Trek Today quote Abrams as saying Shatner may yet make it into the film, if they can figure out the right way to do so. This may just be a red herring to get the fans off his back for not including Shatner though?

The more we learn of the story and timeline, the more inclined I am to say that Scotty, McCoy, etc., wont appear in this film. I think (purely speculative) that it will focus solely on Kirk and Spock from the TOS crew. I'm ok with that, but since the Enterprise has been confirmed as being in the film, I really want to see Pike, Boyce, and Number One!

(I wonder if Doc is going to do any figures for the film?)
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• joshvox
                      Clown Prince of Crime
                      • Mar 21, 2006

Hmm. I'm not familiar with this actor, he sort of looks the part I suppose. But really, who the hell can play any of these characters like the original actors? Nobody. I'm semi-excited about this movie, but I don't think there is any way it won't be a let down. Who could possibly play Kirk and not look like an idiot? Sinese is WAAAY too old for this movie I'm afraid. Too bad, I could actually see that one.

Comment

• namtab29
                        #1 Aquaman Fan
                        • Feb 22, 2005

i simply cannot fathom another person playing Kirk, since to me the melding of actor and part happened so completely around 1975 that when Shatner is on, say, Boston Legal, he's partly doing Kirk on the show, and the Kirk in the later movies had a whole lotta Shatner.

that said, i will def see this movie! i love Trek so much that i will still see it, even tho i hated Voyager and Enterprise and Nemesis.

rob!
                        http://www.namtab.com
                        http://www.treasurycomics.com
                        http://aquamanshrine.blogspot.com
                        http://digestcomics.blogspot.com
                        http://www.allinblackandwhitefor75cents.com
                        http://heykidscomix.blogspot.com

Comment

• saildog
                          Permanent Member
                          • Apr 9, 2006

I enjoyed TOS, TAS, and TNG, but I'm not very well educated in the intricacies of the Trek Universe. That said, I am very curious about the "style" of this movie. Will we see any of the familiar alien races and if we do, will they appear as they did in TOS or will it all be retconned like the Klingons? What do you think the sets and gadgets will look like? Obviously, it can't look 60-ish, but will it look less advanced than say, TNG stuff?
                          (Sorry, this is stuff I think about when I have time to think.)

Comment

• Surfsup
                            Silver Chrome Dome
                            • Dec 2, 2005

From what I've seen and heard so far, I think it's got the makings of a good movie, especially with J.J. Abrams behind it. I'm glad they're going down this road and not churning out another poor ST:TNG movie. I'll just be glad to see the old crew back on the big screen again.
                            Last edited by Surfsup; Jul 30, '07, 9:41 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Surfsup
                              I'll just be glad to see the old crew back on the big screen again.
                              Amen Brother!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                                I'm sitting here watching Star Trek now. There will never be another Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie and the rest. This may be the only Star Trek movie I won't see.
                                It's not like those characters are real people, acting is acting.

A true Trekkie/Trekker, will SEE this movie, I know I will.

Originally posted by Surfsup
                                From what I've seen and heard so far, I think it's got the makings of a good movie, especially with J.J. Abrams behind it. I'm glad they're going down this road and not churning out another poor ST:TNG movie. I'll just be glad to see the old crew back on the big screen again.
                                This will be the biggest Star Trek hit ever, considering the highest grossing one was ST IV: Voyage Home, which only made about 125 million domestically, this new movie will definitely surpass those numbers.

Originally posted by The Bat
                                If this is true...this Guy might be a decent choice. I don't know...I'd have to see Him in full Spock make-up.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07206/804051-254.stm
                                He's a BILLION times better than Ben Affleck, that's for sure.
                                Last edited by Hector; Jul 30, '07, 4:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎