Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Ultraman Collectables?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Anyone familiar with Ultraman Collectables?

I bought this lot of Ultraman stills from Goodwill for my kids. They're huge Ultraman fans and I thought they'd enjoy them.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=4435574

They arrived yesterday and they're much more interesting than the auction describes them as (gotta love Goodwill).

It looks like there are stills from 2 different sets. The smaller sized ones each come with a blue envelope with the alien Baltan on it. The backs of those have the name of the alien and a line drawing of Ultraman and some of the monsters.

The larger ones don't have envelopes, but the backs all have pictures and short bios in Japanese with the English names of 8 different monsters.

They don't look new, but they don't look as old as either the original show or Ultra Seven which they all seem to be pictures of.

Anyone have any idea of value? I'm clueless and would appreciate any info you guys might have.

Thanks
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It's hard to tell from the pics; but most of 'em look like they're from UltraSeven, with some original Ultraman thrown in. They're probably some sort of promotional item, likely from a food product? (A few years ago you could get Ultraman cards that were similar looking to these in with your Pocky.)

Any more info on them? Copyright, company, etc?

Don C.

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

Definately no copyright, I've looked for that. At least nothing in english that I can read.

The cards are big. The bigger ones are 8 &1/2 by 11 and the others are smaller by maybe an inch in each dimension.

the only company logo I can find is a circle logo for Tsurbarya's company. The only English on any of then are the monster/Ultraman names.

Thanks Don
      Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>only company logo I can find is a circle logo for Tsurbarya's company.

Circle? It's usually a derivation of the Science Patrol pin, with a star and triangle....

>The cards are big.

Japanese companies have a lot of mail-in offers; send X number of boxtops, etc. These kinda look like that sort of thing.

Don C.

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

I know the logo you're talking about.

This one is a circle with the words "Tsuburaya Toys Games" and a couple of other words I can't remember written around it and a picture in the middle. It must be Ultraman but I can't remember. I'll look tonight once I'm home.

I bet your right on the mail-away idea.
          Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

Well I was off on the logo

It's circular and says "toys fancy goods and models yamakatsu"

There's a japanese character in the middle of it.
            Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎