Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Live Action, anyone looking foward to it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
    Good gawd not again.
    I hear that they are actually making episode 8, 9 and 10 in the future, starring Mark Hamill as an aged Luke Skywalker, I know that Chewie is going to be killed too, but I'm sure that everyone already know's about this. Lucas has said that he is doing no more movies I know, but Hamill has stated in an interview that there will be at least 3 more Star Wars films, I know it is probably debatable but honestly, if the original cast reprises their roles Im all for it!
    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I think a Star Wars TV Series is a great Idea...after all...Star Wars was modeled after the old TV Serial's(like Flash Gordon)! And There's a Void right now on TV...no Star Trek, 2 Season's left of Smallville, 2 Season's left of "24".

So why not visit a familar Universe...That We all know and love! Heck...it's about an 18 Gap...between Episode's 3 and 4. A LOT of Storie's to be told. And need I say...DARTH VADER!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I know it is probably debatable but honestly, if the original cast reprises their roles Im all for it!

Hmmmm,

Do we REALLY wanna see TODAY'S Carrie Fisher wearing that slave-girl suit ?

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MegoNinja
          I hear that they are actually making episode 8, 9 and 10 in the future, starring Mark Hamill as an aged Luke Skywalker, I know that Chewie is going to be killed too, but I'm sure that everyone already know's about this. Lucas has said that he is doing no more movies I know, but Hamill has stated in an interview that there will be at least 3 more Star Wars films, I know it is probably debatable but honestly, if the original cast reprises their roles Im all for it!

Not sure how I feel about this...but I'll reserve Judgment until I see it. Mark Hamil should grow a Beard...to give Him, the wise old Jedi look.
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by type1kirk
            I know it is probably debatable but honestly, if the original cast reprises their roles Im all for it!

Hmmmm,

EWWWWWW thanks for that mental image.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk

Hmmmm,

Remember when Vader was torturing Han in Cloud City---those screams
              he made???

Now imagine Carrie walking out in that suit and his reaction---with those screams overdubbed----perfect

Originally posted by MegoNinja
              If we WERE lucky enough for there to be episodes 7, 8 and 9
              I don't know if that means Chewie'd actually be killed as that was
              an event that took place in the novels and Lucas only considers about
              1 or 2 of the novels to actually be "official canon"

I always though the idea of 7/8/9 revolving around the Solo/Skywalker
              children rebulding the Republic and the Jedi order was a fantastic idea

Crotchedy old versions of Han, Luke, Leia and even Lando would be hilarious
              ---and in a good way I think

The idea of a feisty 75 year old Harrison Ford gun-toting Han Solo being
              shown up by a bunch of young Jedi whippersnappers cracks me up

More Millenium Falcon baby!

And I'm looking forward to this piece of dialogue----

HAN SOLO: Okay junior----we gotta go rescue your mother and the other
              Republic dignataries---time to dust off the ol' Millenium Falcon.

YOUNG JEDI SOLO: Okay dad, you go calibrate the hyperdrive and we'll get going.

Han Solo walks off to find Chewie.

Solo Jrs. friend looks at him and whispers.

SOLO'S JEDI FRIEND: What the hell's an Aluninum Falcon?
              Last edited by huedell; Jun 28, '07, 4:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• number 6
                Village Idiot
                • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
                You might be getting this in the next Indiana Jones movie.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally Posted by huedell

Originally posted by number 6
                  You might be getting this in the next Indiana Jones movie.

I hope so. Ya know why?

Not just for the humor element---but because its realistic

Let me put it this way----Sean Connery was a real hero
                  as Dr. Henry Jones in Last Crusade----did he have to do a lot
                  of action stuff to give off that impression? No. Quite the opposite.

I'm not saying I prefer Indy to be as "immobile" as his dad in LC, but
                  I do hope there's a nice shot made at grounding Indy----as he's
                  admittedly a lot older guy by now

"Its not the years---its the mileage"

If they don't riff or reference that classic Raiders line at some point
                  in INDY IV I think they'll be missing out on a great opportunity

That should be the dang tagline for the movie
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

I have huge doubts that the Star Wars series will be anything I want to watch...I despised the prequels and Lucas has done everything possible to suck the life out of the original Trilogy (which I adored as a kid and young adult) by injecting as much CGI as possible to "complete" his vision (effectively making them as fake and plastic as the prequels). I have very little interest in anything Lucas does now.

Dana

BTW: I agree with Thunderbolt about Boba Fett...He's an incompetant boob (as was his dad). The only things I find remotely cool about him are his uniform and his ship.
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• MegoNinja
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by danadoll
                      I have huge doubts that the Star Wars series will be anything I want to watch...I despised the prequels and Lucas has done everything possible to suck the life out of the original Trilogy (which I adored as a kid and young adult) by injecting as much CGI as possible to "complete" his vision (effectively making them as fake and plastic as the prequels). I have very little interest in anything Lucas does now.

Dana

BTW: I agree with Thunderbolt about Boba Fett...He's an incompetant boob (as was his dad). The only things I find remotely cool about him are his uniform and his ship.
                      George Lucas did ruin the original trilogy, Im sure everyone hear has heard the ol' saying "Han Solo shot first". I hope the series isnt ruined with CGI and flashy colors which are meant to impress us, Im hoping for something more original than Jar Jar Binks (who I cannot stand!). Maybe now Im just being preachy
                      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Hmmm...Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks....Lucas will probably add something to up the cute factor...Blarg!

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎