X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Universal Monster Channel on Freevee

No Prime membership needed just an Amazon account. So I guess it’s technically free.
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Last summer, Amazon did me the favor of moving eighty percent of my Prime Video watchlist to Freevee and sent me a Fire TV streaming stick dirt cheap.

As much as Amazon Prime went downhill for me in recent years, this has been their saving grace. Freevee has been getting better and better. If you weed out all the junk channels and can deal with commercials and the interface, it's hog heaven! Dozens of free services out there (not just Freevee) and more of my favorites than I can watch. I see there are Uni Crime, Action and Western channels coming as well.

I never had cable or satellite, so I'm happy... and so is my budget!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

Maybe this is where Svengoolie is gonna go retire to!?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I think we need to merge Svengoolie with Max Headroom and make a Monster Ghost in the Machine.

Comment

• KnightDetective
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 31, 2012

This channel is now live on Freevee, Prime Video and Xumo Play. Just watched Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy and the Andromeda Strain. Bride of Frankenstein starts at 8:36 and Brides of Dracula comes on at 10:00 pm tonight.

There are commercial breaks but so far, I've seen only two short ads. Otherwise, you get to enjoy some very soft, mellow beats until it's time for the movie to resume.

The Xumo schedule doesn't tell you what is playing. The Freevee app only lists the current and next movie. The Prime Video version of the Freevee schedule only lists a few hours ahead. The customizable channel grid on the Fire TV stick would give two weeks worth of advance notice but doesn't show up on the grid yet. Amazon has had problems showing accurate schedule info for Universal Action for a couple of weeks, so it may be pot luck for a while!

Hope this isn't just a temporary channel. Nice to see some of the classics come out from behind the paywall.

Comment

• SherryStover
            • Apr 12, 2023

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• KnightDetective
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 31, 2012

First changes to the lineup occur this week. The Karloff Mummy movie has finally been added (think it premieres Wednesday) and the Tremors movies have been removed. The schedule changes to "to be announced" on Saturday, so there may be more changes leading up to Halloween.

Oddly, they schedule the movies in alphabetical order by title over the course of four or so days. This means some series are shown out of order or not grouped together on the same day. No matter, I've had a blast so far! Hope it continues in some fashion after Halloween.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 31, 2012

Looking ahead at the schedule for the next two weeks, no changes. Looks like the channel will continue past Halloween.

Kind of hard to believe they are keeping so many of their heavy hitters in continuous play. No complaints from me, though!

The other Universal channels (Action, Crime and Westerns) have cycled the same group of week-long binges since their initial debut. I'm having another go at Banacek this week. Starts out of the gate with an Anitra Ford cameo and just a couple of episodes later, a very early Margot Kidder appearance.

Sigh... I loved the Seventies!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎